WAI's Novo7 Tips.Links.Help!

[This Thread contains]
Drivers
Tips
Firmware
Scripts
News/Status

[Drivers]
LiveSuit+Drivers 64/32bit Link (Credited by User: kof91)
How-to Video Link (Credited by User: itfchaos)
pdanet App. for Windows Xp *32Bit Only/Vista/7 Link

[Guides]
01/02/12 - Added Instillation for Debug Mode Drivers and highlighted important parts in DrakBlue/Bold Font

Pre-done Novo7 Advanced Drivers+Livesuit App Install Link

[Tips]

[Your Novo7 stuck in a Boot-Loop?]
Hold down the power button for 10sec

[Unplugged your Novo7 while performing a Firmware Update and can't seem to turn on your Novo7 and all hope seems lost?]
Hold down the power button for 10sec

[Music not viewable in Winamp?]
Go to settings/storage and Enable scan TFCard

[Always seem to loose your backups with Titanium Backup? not able to find your backups on SD Card?]
Titanium Backup creates a Folder in mnt/SDCard containing your backups
Using a File Manager (ES File Explorer or Astro File Manager) copy/paste that Folder into your actual SD Card mnt/extsd

or

Go into Titanium Backup and within Preferences/Backup Settings use option Backup folder location and then you can restore/backup that way

[Titanium Backup stalling while restoring?]
Under Preferences/Troubleshooting settings select option App processing mode then select AUTO, Indirect (Default is AUTO, Direct)

[Want to install the Chainfire plug-ins?]
Download and copy/paste the .zip File to mnt/sdcard

[Q&A's]

[How do i update Firmware?]

-Use the Livesuit App Linked in this thread (refer to the PDF Guide i recently created for How To properly install the App)
NOTE: read the PDF File BEFORE connecting your Novo7 Advanced

-Hold the Vol+ button while connecting then press the power button 6-10 times or until prompt to Format your Novo7 Advanced

[Do i need to format each time i update Firmware?]

-It's recommended. Be sure to backup your Files and be sure to use Titanium backup to back up Apps/Data

[Is my Device Rooted?]

-YES! All Firmware Expect 1.5.1 is pre-rooted and no root Script is required. Even if you use a Root Script it won't do anything (please refer to lordsbm's Script Thread Linked here)

[Want to enter CWM Menu?]

ICS Only!
-Make sure Device is off then press/hold Vol+ and Power till menu appears

[In CWM I can't seem to restore any of my recovery Images. what's wrong?]
-Connect your Novo7 to your PC and create Folders clockworkmod and backup and place in Root of Internal Memory or your Micro SD Card (the backup Folder MUST! be in the clockworkmod Folder so your Directory should look like this clockworkmod/backup

[Firmware]

OLD ROMS Added back through Nov. 2011!
(T=Test B=Beta)

1.6T
1.7.2b
1.8T
1.8b2
2.0T
2.0v3 (By user: fredo138)
2.0v3 with Bluetooth (Thanks to user: murphy666)
ICS v0.13
ICS v0.131
ICS v.04 Preview (Thanks to user: murphy666) "Download Both Files"
ICS v4.0.3 "Download Both Files"
ICS Script (v4.0.3) Script ROM based on newtech25 (Thanks to users: lordsbm and seasonscrystal) NOTE: use this Script ROM AFTER installing the ICS ROM v4.0.3
[NEWLY Added ROMS!]
ICS v4.0.3 feiyu mod split Files! 001-002 Files both need to be downloaded! 001 002
ICS v4.0.4 IVI CM9 very very Stable
ICS ROM! Recommanded!!!
Google Apps. ICS
feiyu GB 2.3.4 ROM 0412
GB Ainol 2.3.4 IVI Firmware (Please refer to installing CWM and this GB based ROM with this READ ME File Link

[NOTICE for new ICS ROMS!]
Due to Mediafire's limitation of only a 200MB upload i have to split the Files. download all of them in order to open File labeled 001

Official Novo7A ICS 4.0.4 Beta (Note: Split Files! download Both)
Download both!!! 001-002

Official Novo7A ICS 4.0.4 Final 7.20.12 (Note: Split Files! download Both)
001-002

newtechrom (Based on the new above ICS dated 7.20.12 (Note: Split Files! download all 3)
001-002-003

newtechrom Novo7A JB ROM (Note: Split Files! download All)
001-002-003 (Note that you HAVE to have Official 4.0.4 installed first before installing this ROM. after installed 4.0.4 you have to install CWM via the File CWM_Recovery_install_reboot.bat and also read the readme file)
[Scripts]
Info: a script is a auto-install File that whatever is in the Apps. Folder or gapps. Folder will be installed. Some scripts can do other actions like rooting and updating to a ROM based on the Firmware you have installed

[Big NOTE!]
All old Scripts have been pulled and removed via my Mediafire Account so Links are gone! Sorry

ICS Recovery Menu Script (*Credit: ivanz)
GB Google Play Script (*Credit: ivanz)
GB Root Script (*Credit: ivanz)
[News/Status]
[06/12/12] Cleaning up Thread (*Still Lol). Added some new ROMS (Will be dated when added and will mark previous ROMS as Old). More Videos to come soon and added how to enter Recovery Mode
Enjoy for now. Glad to be back guys!
[06/14/12] Added new Build Dated:6/13 v4.0.4 IVI CM9
[06/20/12] Added GB Ainol 2.3.4 IVI Firmware and wrote up a .txt Document on how to install. have fun!

·
Registered
497 Posts
pin this forth-ed

thank you for taking the time to making this post, is it just me or dose it seem like we have a freakishly friendly community here? i think it might be because where all happy with our tabs
well im happy with my Novo7 and ICS is the best thing that has come out

Thanks guys. I put a lot of thought about doing a thread for this forum

·
Registered
16 Posts
WAI,
Thanks for the help last night. I guess I should have read this thread first.
Do I need to install the drivers first before trying to update the firmware?
I tried downloading (pdanet App. for Windows Xp *32Bit Only/Vista/7 Link)but it would take me thru the Wizard and not find the drivers and then the download would uninstall and I therefore couldn't make use of the how to video. Suggestions?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WAI,
Thanks for the help last night. I guess I should have read this thread first.
Do I need to install the drivers first before trying to update the firmware?
I tried downloading (pdanet App. for Windows Xp *32Bit Only/Vista/7 Link)but it would take me thru the Wizard and not find the drivers and then the download would uninstall and I therefore couldn't make use of the how to video. Suggestions?
the drivers are only for use when you use the scripts. the drivers are required in order for your PC to detect the Device in Debug Mode. you want to select the Other Driver Option when installing the App. (Worked for me) and you never have to use the actual App. as it installs the Drivers

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Like the thread man! I've gotten into a few of the other Allwinner based tablets recently, trying to get information on the Momo9 and Rexing V7. Both boot with the Ainol firmware, but it doesn't have the touch drivers to make it work. Any additional information on these tablets? If not, I may post some information in another thread pertaining to these tablets and send you the links...

·
Registered
497 Posts
eek! i just searched these two up and man they don't look all that great. cheap-o company's who made those. i can't help you. i'm new to Android. i'm not that much of a advanced user

·
Registered
16 Posts
[quote name='WAI' timestamp='1323560213' post='278211']
the drivers are only for use when you use the scripts. the drivers are required in order for your PC to detect the Device in Debug Mode. ]

OK, My pc does detect the device in Debug mode. How do you run the script?

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
eek! i just searched these two up and man they don't look all that great. cheap-o company's who made those. i can't help you. i'm new to Android. i'm not that much of a advanced user
Not sure why you say "cheap-o company" there, I mean it's not like anything here is made by some big name like Sony or Bosch. Most of these companies would do good to outdo Emerson Electronics or Audiovox as far as social status equates to ownership of a tablet. Have you actually seen, or used one of the tablets? It's evident from the documentation on the Allwinner site, that all the Allwinner tablets have the same platform/board on the inside. There are some resistive screen devices, that are definitely cheap and there are some that don't have HDMI output, rather they have A/V output. Most of the alternatives don't have the back camera. Outside of that, the differences are essentially nil.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Not sure why you say "cheap-o company" there, I mean it's not like anything here is made by some big name like Sony or Bosch. Most of these companies would do good to outdo Emerson Electronics or Audiovox as far as social status equates to ownership of a tablet. Have you actually seen, or used one of the tablets? It's evident from the documentation on the Allwinner site, that all the Allwinner tablets have the same platform/board on the inside. There are some resistive screen devices, that are definitely cheap and there are some that don't have HDMI output, rather they have A/V output. Most of the alternatives don't have the back camera. Outside of that, the differences are essentially nil.
Do you know how many people in China returned their momo9 within the 1st 3 days of usage? I'd even read a guy who was so keen and happy his momo9 finally arrived and posted on a China tablet forum that he'll do a full review of momo9. In his next post he said he returned it, he can't stand the ripples on the screen just holding it.

Here's one from an English online seller forum;
http://www.pandawillforum.com/showthread.php?7388-Problem-with-momo-tablet-9

That is a common problem with momo9 reported in China tablet forums. Ployer is known in China for slow firmware support if you just do some research on it, you'll know. They only released 1.8T firmware a few days befor other main brands (Onda, Ainol, Teclast) are getting ready to relaese 2.0T firmware. It's not only about looking at hardware specs but firmware support as well.

Allwinner is the one who had been working on the firmwares, that's why A10 tablets can flash different company firmware. IIRC if you flash Novo7A on momo9, the touchscreen won't work. If you flash P76/P76Ti, momo9 loops. If you flash Onda VX610W deluxe, momo9 buttons don't work.

Can't say much about Rexing V7, as it could be a 3rd line tablet maker. The problem is always the support. If I'll need to bet on support, I'll rather bet on the <US$99 (edit: shipped) A10 4GB capacitive LYXZ GT-PAD F1. At least there are news they'll have ICS up for their F1 tablet.

There'll be more brands coming out with Allwinner chipsets especially they'll be making it cost only US$4.99. It'll likely replace VIA8650 as the budget tablets.

Edit: Oh ya how can I not mention the 499RMB Onda VX610W deluxe and Teclast P76Ti. They are much better brands than Ployer and Rexing. They are even Taobao current top A10 tablets. P76ti is lagging in battery life and VX610W+ is lacking in HDMI, both aren't flat panels, but you'll likely get more support.

Flat panel A10 7" there's the Onda Vi10W Deluxe and Bmorn V11. Bmorn V11 is metal shell and screen is inverted so actual view angle usage is better. Onda is going all out on A10, so support will be there. These 2 tablets only cost 599 RMB each. With these prices I don't see why one will need to go for a lesser known brand.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
I'd even read a guy who was so keen and happy his momo9 finally arrived and posted on a China tablet forum that he'll do a full review of momo9. In his next post he said he returned it, he can't stand the ripples on the screen just holding it.
Really... You're telling me his was like that. The one's I've tested have no ripples on the screen, outside the Koi screen saver. I mean who is this guy anyway? You know him? Well it's not like any product you order is not going to have some kind of issue. IT'S TECHNOLOGY DUDE, EVERYTHING, EVEN A $800 IPAD HAS SOME SORT OF ISSUE. Some of this argument is representative of a shill, at first glance.

That is a common problem with momo9 reported in China tablet forums. Ployer is known in China for slow firmware support if you just do some research on it, you'll know. They only released 1.8T firmware a few days befor other main brands (Onda, Ainol, Teclast) are getting ready to relaese 2.0T firmware. It's not only about looking at hardware specs but firmware support as well.
So they're slow on their firmware development, and it takes at most 1 week before they release the latest? For me, I'm the type of person that doesn't get the update on the first day (if I do get it) because from my experience it might not be helpful, it might hurt you or have undesirable consequences to apply a update that has minimal testing. I think it's smart to let someone else test it first, then you know your issues. Or is it better we all become beta testers? I myself rarely throw an update on as soon as it comes out. Wait a week for the newest release, doesn't sound bad to me...

Allwinner is the one who had been working on the firmwares, that's why A10 tablets can flash different company firmware. IIRC if you flash Novo7A on momo9, the touchscreen won't work. If you flash P76/P76Ti, momo9 loops. If you flash Onda VX610W deluxe, momo9 buttons don't work.
Yes it's obvious that all of these tablets have the same base firmware and there are different drivers for different tablets. Allwiner gives them a base and then the manufacturers customize it, but it's still released as 1.8, 1.6, 2.0 etc. I've also learned that some of these tablets, their development (hardware and software) is subbed out to a few companies, and then rebranded by other companies such as Onda, Ployer, Rexing, etc. I said a while back ICS for the Allwinner platform would come toward the end of this month, and what seems to be happening.

Can't say much about Rexing V7, as it could be a 3rd line tablet maker. The problem is always the support. If I'll need to bet on support, I'll rather bet on the <US$99 (edit: shipped) A10 4GB capacitive LYXZ GT-PAD F1. At least there are news they'll have ICS up for their F1 tablet.
I haven't seen the LYXZ tablet yet, and would like to know more. There's a lot of resistive, 4GB, and slack dev tablets coming up on this platform, but if you stick with the "star features" of these tablets you're likely to get a winner... There are currently around 10 companies distributing the A10 platform, and most of them have cropped up in the last month with their A10 version. Allwinner is going to release the base as they have been for every company, and evidently it's not that big of a jump for these companies to get that firmware out to the public by adding the drivers. Without a doubt, I'd place money right here right now, that all Allwinner A10 tablets get some kind of ICS over the next 6 months. Yeah, Ainol (I prefer Anal) already has ICS on one of their tablets, but it's been heavily promoted by the MIPS people, and of course a beta version for the real Anal tablet.

There'll be more brands coming out with Allwinner chipsets especially they'll be making it cost only US$4.99. It'll likely replace VIA8650 as the budget tablets.
I agree here, this time next year these tablets will go for $50 a pop, and may have some better features too.

Edit: Oh ya how can I not mention the 499RMB Onda VX610W deluxe and Teclast P76Ti. They are much better brands than Ployer and Rexing. They are even Taobao current top A10 tablets. P76ti is lagging in battery life and VX610W+ is lacking in HDMI, both aren't flat panels, but you'll likely get more support.
Oh wait, hold on there. I don't think Teclast has that great of a reputation, and Onda is the one Allwinner producer that sells some tablets without HDMI installed. ABSOLUTELY NONE OF THESE COMPANIES SELLING THE ALLWINNER ARE LARGE MULTI-NATIONAL COMPANIES, so there AIN'T that big of a difference. Support for any of these tablets is likely going to come from the reseller you buy it from, and if you're lucky you might get warranty from the manufacturer. Truth is more people come to the forums for support than try to talk to the vendors, at least I'd start here first. In fact, I've answered questions from people who were sent here by vendors... ARE YOU A VENDOR? AS FAR AS BATTERY LIFE, the Momo9 and Rexing V7 that I have, put the Rena3 to shame and it's proven that the Rena3 has the best battery life of any tablet. Your battery size is more important than stats collected on battery life. I've played 3 hours in movies, left the Rexing in standby for over a day, and still have as much as 40% battery after more than 25 hours since last plugging it in...

Flat panel A10 7" there's the Onda Vi10W Deluxe and Bmorn V11. Bmorn V11 is metal shell and screen is inverted so actual view angle usage is better. Onda is going all out on A10, so support will be there. These 2 tablets only cost 599 RMB each. With these prices I don't see why one will need to go for a lesser known brand.
[/quote]

Really, I've not heard much of either of those companies. It's not like everyone I know has something made by Onda or Bmorn.

So, Lordbsm. You have your own custom firmware? Have you tried it on these tablets? Wouldn't mind seeing it run on one, or I may modify one myself if you want to give me some input. I'll admit, the Anal Advanced is likely the top of the Allwinner platform, but it's still a great platform and some of these other tablets could get more people interested in this platform, which means more chatter, which means more for all of us. Unless it should be different?

BTW still not a CHEAP tablet, or else the Anal is too. Maybe inexpensive, but cheap--there's a difference.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I got bored reading 1/2 way through on your comments, so too bad u wasted your time typing them out for me (well you did quote what I'd said). I did saw the word anal and wondered what's that all about ?_?

Oh well
So all in all you happen to be the only one I came across who had been pushing for momo9/rexing v7 in various forums. It'll be interesting to see how many suckers will actually get it. As always time will tell

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
I got bored reading 1/2 way through on your comments, so too bad u wasted your time typing them out for me (well you did quote what I'd said). I did saw the word anal and wondered what's that all about ?_?

Oh well
So all in all you happen to be the only one I came across who had been pushing for momo9/rexing v7 in various forums. It'll be interesting to see how many suckers will actually get it. As always time will tell
Well to make the comments you did, you had to read most of what I wrote, contrary to what you stated. I didn't even write it for you, it was to show that you had no idea what you were saying--that you apparently like to mislead people. I'm one of the only people because one of these tablets came out in China about 2 weeks back, but it's the same system board as the Ainol 7 advanced. So you're telling me the Ainol comes in a magic case that's better than the others? Does this magic case help you fly too? Does it act as your girlfriend? You sure treat it like it is... I'm hearing there's a good chance the Ainol may go by the wayside as far as production before long, so stand your ground big boy, it's quickly eroding... Go ahead, take another cheap-short-shot...

·
Registered
226 Posts
Well to make the comments you did, you had to read most of what I wrote, contrary to what you stated. I didn't even write it for you, it was to show that you had no idea what you were saying--that you apparently like to mislead people. I'm one of the only people because one of these tablets came out in China about 2 weeks back, but it's the same system board as the Ainol 7 advanced. So you're telling me the Ainol comes in a magic case that's better than the others? Does this magic case help you fly too? Does it act as your girlfriend? You sure treat it like it is... I'm hearing there's a good chance the Ainol may go by the wayside as far as production before long, so stand your ground big boy, it's quickly eroding... Go ahead, take another cheap-short-shot...
lol you cracked me up. I seriously don't get 1/2 of what you're saying. You are in your world^^ Bet you are really happy in there

1 - 20 of 178 Posts