Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just received my new Ainol Novo 7 Advanced January/19 (afternoon).

At the first start, battery level was about 19%.

I used the tablet since 7 pm to 1 am (connected to AC and also connected via USB to my PC) and I left the machine connected to the AC charger until 6 am.

I used the machine disconnected during January/20 but I transfered some data using USB connection to a PC.

By January/20 (yesterday) at 7 pm battery level was about 12 %. I left the machine connected all night until today at 10 am. Battery charge was less than 12% (?).

Tablet has been connected today and not in use (I consulted it from time to time to see battery level)

Now the tablet is shutting down when not connected to charger and it is showing (when connected to AC charger) only 5 %.

What must I do ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Some members have reported that their Novo 7 operated on having their USB connected to an USB wall charger or computer, but their batteries were not charging, USB nor on AC charger. Some sent theirs back, but some have opened their tabs and discovered that their battery wire connection(s) had broken loose, and soldered it back on. If the battery charges on USB but not on AC Charger, check the wires on the jack that the AC Charger plugs into, it might have broken loose. If neither you might have one with a defective battery. Search for dis-assembly directions in the forum if you want to go that route. If you bought from Roman, he'll help you out, if direct from China who knows how long it'll take for repair and return?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some members have reported that their Novo 7 operated on having their USB connected to an USB wall charger or computer, but their batteries were not charging, USB nor on AC charger. Some sent theirs back, but some have opened their tabs and discovered that their battery wire connection(s) had broken loose, and soldered it back on. If the battery charges on USB but not on AC Charger, check the wires on the jack that the AC Charger plugs into, it might have broken loose. If neither you might have one with a defective battery. Search for dis-assembly directions in the forum if you want to go that route. If you bought from Roman, he'll help you out, if direct from China who knows how long it'll take for repair and return?
Hi Kennyr,

Thanks for your complete, kind and quick answer.

I tested the AC charger using a multimeter and it is working (5 V DC output).

After posting I connected an USB charger (a AC/DC converter with a USB connector at its output end) but now (7 hours connected via USB) the battery continues completely empty. When I try to start the tablet not connected, it shows a battery with an admiration sign (!) within a triangle and does not start.

I bought the tablet from a person (here in Colombia) who imported these machines. I have call him yesterday and I will return the tablet to him. I hope he accept the problem and replace it for a new one.

I will update this message as soon as I have news.

Thanks for your answer and I hope this topic will be useful for other persons with same problem.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The Novo7 was so popular, Ainol production QC have declined in the later models, I purchased mine in mid October 2011, so luckily missed out on early production poor wifi and later productions of battery problems etc. At least you have someone in country to return to. Some people have returned theirs to China and have waited over a month for returns. I use my Novo7A everyday and have not had any major issues with it. Also, in the future you might want to post to one of the other forums, or the base Novo 7 Advanced one up from this one. This forum I think was for bricked or looped units and might not get the number of responses others forums have been getting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello I'm new here so I'm hijacking the thread.

My an7a charges fine when powered off but when it's on and I try to charge it (AC) it crashes and reboot repeatedly.

Is there a fix for this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought Ainol Novo 7 Advance II, It's charge for 4 days well. Now it's not charge at all. tab left 5% battery. Any solution ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts