Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've done a normal reset with the button/hole, and I've turned it off and back on, and done 'adb reboot' so far...Basically I turn it on and it seems like someone is tapping around on-screen eventually triggering a search, and since I have opera mini installed, it stops at the "which browser do you want to do this with" prompt. I go back with the vol-down/back button and the ghostly behavior continues. I can't seem to break out of it. Help? I have no idea how it started or when.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Same problem here at times. I have to use the power button to put it to sleep and then hit it back on. Most of the time it will revert back. Never had to hard reset. Seems to happen only in nonpd home/launchers. My speculation is that maybe holding your finger on the screen for long periods of time causes whatever software is behind the touchscreen to flake out or glitch. I noted that this happens to me then.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The only other thing I can think of is I tried to recalibrate the screen earlier today (after seeing mention in another thread that it might help bring the notifications pulldown back to life; it didn't help with that, btw.)...Hoping to avoid hard reset, but I'm not so invested in what I've set up so far that I can't redo it.UPDATE - FIXED:I started thinking about that earlier calibration I did, which I fired up via the PDSystemSetting app***(see below). I restarted the Novel, choosing PDHome instead of Panda. Under PDHome, it was still acting up. I did manage to get into the Calibrate settings page, click Default to reset calibration settings to default... and the problem went away. Demons exorcised. :)Thanks again for your reply, tobias.__ ***Among the various options/settings exposed by PandaHome, I am not seeing any other way to perform a screen calibration...?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am starting to think my problem is unrelated now. Mine still does it, acts like my finger is pressed down on a certain part of the screen for like 2 minutes. Very annoying because I cant do anything but go back and it still has that same point "ghosted" touch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.