Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey all just got the novel last night, already broke it, LOL.What I did:-Flashed PD's firmware (7_18) (hold power on and volume up worked)-Added 'Nate's List':panda home worked well. The screen would rotate with the accelerometer. Home screen would not work with the Novel held in the 'natural position' (landscape, with the vol buttons on the top left and the power socket on the bottom). Got some force close/wait messages.''-Added Youtube(3).apk, worked until installing the experience pack.-Added the google experience pack:the screen would no longer rotate when it was supposed to, stuck in 'unnatural landscape.' However, the screen would rotate in the option menu with auto rotate checked, but would revert to no rotation after leaving that option screen. I wanted to remove the google experience pack since screen rotation and youtube were broken. Tried to reflash the firmware using the vol up (now menu) and the power button, but would not work.On a whim and remembering a post I read, I used held the reflash keys and pressed, then released, the hard reset button, the Novel then went into the firmware flash routine and reloaded the original PD 7_18 firmware.Gonna try the hack 7_24 firmware, thanks!Hope this helps,Kel

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The home screen and any apps would not rotate for me with the GE installed. I reflashed 7-24 and installed all the great apps separately, w/o GE. Not that big of a pain if the file manager is sent via adb first. Then the rest are just tap and install.I understand that the force quit issue is semi-permanent, since it would always give a FQ in that specific device orientation sorry if that was confusing.Thanks,Kel

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.