Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not a programmer but I am computer competent. Have a PDN and want to use it as a non reader, tablet and multimedia player. Thoughts on the easiest way to delete the reader software and load in new home page, youtube etc ?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
[quote name='stanm;23120]I am not a programmer but I am computer competent. Have a PDN and want to use it as a non reader' date=' tablet and multimedia player. Thoughts on the easiest way to delete the reader software and load in new home page, youtube etc ?[/QUOTE'] Yes, that's pretty much all this forum is about.

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
[quote name='stanm;23120]I am not a programmer but I am computer competent. Have a PDN and want to use it as a non reader' date=' tablet and multimedia player. Thoughts on the easiest way to delete the reader software and load in new home page, youtube etc ?[/QUOTE'] The reader software is part of the main system software so it is probably not wise to delete it. It doesn't take up much space so no reason to bother with that. Follow the guide to hacking the novel for beginners. That will give you back and home key functionality and load a new homescreen. The guide uses PandaHome but I find LauncherPro to be more to my liking (just don't rotate the device to the left with either one. rotating right is fine.). After you do that you should have a basic understanding of hacking the device and be able to install software. Read most of the posts and you will find easier ways to load programs on your kindle. Find my post about packageinstaller.apk and using Dropbox to install programs. Others use appinstaller and install from the sd card. Have fun!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Actually, it's fine to delete the reader stuff so long as you have another home installed. Mine felt a bit faster after getting rid of it (probably due to the fact that there may be always-running services that are part of the BN store).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.