Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings All,Day 3 with my Pandigital Novel and lovin' it. Lurked here for a few days prior to purchase, looking for the biggest bang-for-buck e-reader. I found it. Actually I bought 2, one for my GF's birthday (don't tell her) coming up.Initially it drove me crazy, not connecting with WiFi and acting generally buggy - it had the 07_05 firmware. After I figured out how to upgrade without WiFi, it was better, but still no joy with the WiFi. I finally made my WPA-PSK network SSID visible and it connected. It still connects even after making the SSID invisible.Lusting after the mods and hacking in the PDN forum, I decided to check out stock operation first. I DL'd a bunch of free EPUB books from B&N and other sites. I didn't like that many had no cover art in My Library, so I Googled around, found and tried Sigil. Too much for my little brain. Then I ran across Calibre. This will be my first time in about 2 decades of using freeware that I will give money to this guy, it is THAT awesome. It converted every ebook I had (except the one DRM that was OK anyway) to the PDN format, complete with cover art, and I am one happy camper. Calibre also backs up the library on my reader which of course provides a safety net for when I start poking around.At some point I will play around with the firmware hacks and add more memory, but the reason I got this unit is because I want to get away from filling my basement with even more paper media. I'll look for a process I can use to scan and convert the stuff I want to keep and make Goodwill really happy. I'm not really looking to make this thing an all-in-one because I roll with an iPhone 4 and a really sweet modded Asus 1201N.That's my story and I apologize in advance for making it soooo long! Happy to be here.~Bleu

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
welcome to the club. We don't have jackets though... yet. MP4D, WTF have you been doing?!??!? Where are our JACKETS!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not even T-shirts??? What kind of hack outfit is this???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts