Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have had my PDSN for a while, but just actually took it out of the box. I have been trying to get it to connect to my wireless network, but to no avail. I have read several of the other threads here about having to backdate the FW, but the links for that FW are all expired.

I have a Belkin f5d8236-4 v2 router( that curiously will also not update firmware), with one wired connection and 2 wireless connections. The SN will see the wireless access points throughout my neighborhood, but when I enter the password for my home network, the "Wireless" icon on my router starts to flash orange, and the tablet states "authenticating" , then disconnected, then disabled. Once it says disabled the orange flashing stops. I cannot get my computer to recognize the SN even after turning on USB debugging, and I can't find a download for the older firmware. Mine is the 11172011 version, which supposedly is the one that started giving trouble with Wifi. I have also set the channel numbers to 14, checked the DHCP settings on my router, etc. all to no avail.

I have only been messing with it for about 3 hours now, so not in the best mood, and starting to regret this purchase.
Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also when the tablet is on and I plug it into the USB to my PC, if I turn it off, it will not turn back on. Tries to start, then quits, and does this endlessly(I assume, as I have never let it go more than 4 or 5 times).

Thanks again

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
You need to either update the firmware to the 01022012 or downgrade it by forcing the fall back to install. For the fall back you need to let it start to boot then hold power to force it off. Do this 5 or 6 times and it should install the fallback firmware. My custom ROM is based off the 012102 firmware.

I doubt the USB has anything to do with the wifi issue. It could be your PC is not installing the driver properly, you could try turning off any security software you might be running.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, I was able to get it to install the fallback FW, but it is still behaving the same way. Won't connect to WiFi, even during setup. I guess I should try an earlier version of FW? This one is 11022011. Seems like I saw one of your other posts that said the first November FW of 2011 was the one where the WiFi problems started. I'm still trying to find a location for the FW download as "Pandigital.com" is no more.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Okay, I was able to get it to install the fallback FW, but it is still behaving the same way. Won't connect to WiFi, even during setup. I guess I should try an earlier version of FW? This one is 11022011. Seems like I saw one of your other posts that said the first November FW of 2011 was the one where the WiFi problems started. I'm still trying to find a location for the FW download as "Pandigital.com" is no more.
If the fallback installed it would be 09152011 not 11022011. Make sure there is not a version of the firmware on the internal mempry or the microsd. Have you tried the tablet on another network? Make sure you router is set to b/g/n not g or n only. Set the bandwidth to 20/40 mixed not 40 only.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Checked all the channel settings and bandwidth. All is as you say. My tablet is refurbished which is why it probably has that FW as the fallback. I saw it on the screen after the Droid with the triangle, can't remember what you called it. Anyway, that was the number of the Fallback FW when I checked it there before forcing the install.

I just figured out why I couldn't connect though. My dumb butt typed in the password incorrectly, and I didn't discover it until I started checking the router settings and just decided to look at the password. Now I am connected.

Thanks for your help, and for pointing me in what ended up being the right direction after all.

99% of all computer malfunction is not hardware, it's a loose nut behind the mouse.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Checked all the channel settings and bandwidth. All is as you say. My tablet is refurbished which is why it probably has that FW as the fallback. I saw it on the screen after the Droid with the triangle, can't remember what you called it. Anyway, that was the number of the Fallback FW when I checked it there before forcing the install.

I just figured out why I couldn't connect though. My dumb butt typed in the password incorrectly, and I didn't discover it until I started checking the router settings and just decided to look at the password. Now I am connected.

Thanks for your help, and for pointing me in what ended up being the right direction after all.

99% of all computer malfunction is not hardware, it's a loose nut behind the mouse.
HaHa! I always hesitate to ask about the password because some people get so offended. But yeah most of the time it is something simple overlooked. I have a neighbor that once or twice a month she will get locked out of her PC or the tablet I sold her. So I tell her to double check and then she asks me to come over. I type in her password and it works. We laugh and I tell her I will see her in a couple of weeks. I am pretty certain she presses shift and capitalizes the first letter but she insists she doesn't.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts