Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately I have been enjoying the use of AN7A and been successful with upgrading it to ICS. Things have been running smoothly until the last upgrade to the feiyu firmware. I lost the tablet's capability to play music and video! I didn't tinker anything but just flashed roms (formatting first before anything else) when it suddenly happened. One thing I observed was while no sound or video is seen/heard until display goes off, but when I turn the display on I can hear the music or see the video for a second or so and then back again to the problem. Any thoughts on this? I tried to reflash to older roms but then to no avail, tried disaster recovery or restore to default but no joy. I hope someone can help me out, I might just have missed something before I resort to have this seen to a technician (but I don't fully suspect it is a hardware problem) Thanks to any soul who can help me out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
its been a month now since my AN7A stayed on the sidelines gathering dust.when i tried to turn it on still the same issue...now i tried pressing power and vol + now i got the android guy and the exclamation point in a triangle. can someone help me out?

·
Registered
27 Posts
After every write firmware you need first restart to pass all steps, change language wait 3-5 min and don't stop any working programs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi firediesel,

i have been doing that process since 1.8T firmware version until the ICS firmware and since that it has been doing well. but lately i have experienced that after a successful flash and reboot. when i try to play an audio file, on the built in speaker you can't hear anything. then, you try to turn off the display then as your try to turn it back on, you can hear for a second a sound of that audio file and then gone....now same thing will happen on a video file...it will not show anything nor hear anything...turn off the display and turn it back on you can see and hear for a millisecond and then its gone...i appreciate that you responded. i don't think this is an issue of rebooting the tablet after flashing a rom. anyone who can help me out on this or experienced this can post here. i dont have a camera phone to show it to you but i'll try to acquire a webcam and maybe you can figure out what i mean...thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi firediesel,

i have been doing that process since 1.8T firmware version until the ICS firmware and since that it has been doing well. but lately i have experienced that after a successful flash and reboot. when i try to play an audio file, on the built in speaker you can't hear anything. then, you try to turn off the display then as your try to turn it back on, you can hear for a second a sound of that audio file and then gone....now same thing will happen on a video file...it will not show anything nor hear anything...turn off the display and turn it back on you can see and hear for a millisecond and then its gone...i appreciate that you responded. i don't think this is an issue of rebooting the tablet after flashing a rom. anyone who can help me out on this or experienced this can post here. i dont have a camera phone to show it to you but i'll try to acquire a webcam and maybe you can figure out what i mean...thanks
Hi an2nymous
I have exactly the same problem you mention.
I have not managed to fix it after changing several roms.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello I have found that having the same problem, if you connect the mini hdmi to the tv, the sound plays correctly vey. If everything goes off gual. Everything indicates that the problem isOf hardware
any solution?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im glad to know you guys get to read this post and those also having the same problems as mine get to post here...pls continue to do so.sooner or later we will find a fix for this...

now,its been a lot of weeks of me being very busy but i still keep this issue on my mind...reading and researching a lot on what could be the cause of the problem.recently i tried to flash it again with the latest ICS rom 4.03 and now when the display is OFF my music will play...i tried connecting it to the headphone jack and there is sound but when i turn ON the display there is no sound at all...same goes to video playback...after this i can say it is not a hardware problem but a software problem.i have considered the CWM (clockworkmod)recovery to fix this as it goes deep in the system to fix any errors. hopefully this will work. stay updated.

PS: to the author of CWM. i would be grateful if you can put any feedback on this issue we are having. any developer would be greatly appreciated as i don't have too much knowledge on programming or anything. we are just third party users and we rely on your inner genius to make these tablets work as they should be.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi , i got the same problem with my Ainol Novo7 Aurora ver 3.

After using Custom ROM Mobiz versi 2 ( it's based Feiyu 0515 ), and 2 day ago, i lost multimedia cabapilty.
Like playing music , i dont have sound in my headphone or the speaker, but when screen in sleep mode, i got the sound.
And when Playing Video with MX Player, if i choose Hardware mode, i got blank screen and no sound, but if i choose Software mode, i can see the movie, but not the sound.

If i connect to my tv using hdmi, i can see thr movie and have sound too in my tv.

I try to change the rom with CM9 0618 , its based ICS 4.0.4, but it's not solved my problem.
And now i got new problem, when i connect to my tv, i only got blank screen, before with Mobiz i saw my desktop in my tv.
And when i play the game, i only got blank screen in my tv too, not happening in Mobiz versi 2.

After i look at dmesg in Termina Emulator, this problem realted to "[HDMI-AUDIO] PCM trigger start..." and "[HDMI-AUDIO] PCM trigger stop..."
So, when "[HDMI-AUDIO] PCM trigger start..." , all the sound and video will send to HDMI, so we don't have sound in headphone or speaker.
But, when "[HDMI-AUDIO] PCM trigger stop..." , we can get the sound in headphone and speaker.

The "[HDMI-AUDIO] PCM trigger stop..." happening when screen go to sleep, and will get "[HDMI-AUDIO] PCM trigger start..." when screen go to normal.

When i google this problem, I found out, Look like this problem only happening in Allwinner A10 based tablet...

I hope somebody could help us in here...

==============================================================================================================================

Somehow, i fix this problem.
Here what i do:
1.Open My Tablet...
2.Cleaning MicroHDMI port, espesialy behind it, there is alot of pin soldering to the Board, i clean it with Cotton Bud.
3.In the proses, i make Motor Cable broken off, so i soldering it again to the Board, it realy thin cable...

When I turned on My Tablet, those "[HDMI-AUDIO] PCM trigger start..." and "[HDMI-AUDIO] PCM trigger stop..." message is gone from debug message (dmesg).
Lookslike it because some water coming through my MiniHDMI port, then cause short circuit in HDMI Audio detection, and force The Audio to go through HDMI.

Now My Ainol Novo7 Aurora have Sound again.

ps: sory for my bad english

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
alright i guess we can close this thread now but i would still accept any alternative feedbacks here if there are other approaches. i have my tablet fixed!yay!what i did was connect the tablet to the hdmi port to the tv then after a few sec unplugged it and rebooted.everything seems to be back to normal and i hope it would be permanent...reflashed the tablet now to ICS 4.0.3 baseband 1.0. thanks for all your inputs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts