Android Tablets Forum banner

No one has this?

4K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Orthorexia 
#1 ·
WOW!

No posts here for a long time?
Doesn't anyone have the Maylong anymore?

It's been awhile since I had mine. It was our first tablet and even tho we could never get it calibrated correctly, we have fond memories of being introduced to internet tablets.
We have since moved on to the Archos 70IT and it has been incredible. But if it wasn't for the Maylong we may never of gotten our Archos!!

#4 ·
I still have one. I have updated the system OS with code obtained from the Android Tablet Zone (http://tipstir.the-talk.net/). Still use it, especially as as e-book reader. Battery life is a little short and screen response is not great (non-capacitative touch screen) but works well and is good for testing new software and as an e-book. It was an interesting start into Android tablets. I have now moved on to an Asus Transformer and look forward to learning that system.

#5 ·
I bought mine from Amazon and it was a classic "bait and switch"! The ad stated it was a capacitive touch screen with Android 2.2.... NOT! Resistive screen with Android 1.6, a real slug! I think my old Commodore 64 can do better! It does work to some degrees such as the music player even with it's clunky looks, works on the INTERNET with both WiFi and RJ45. A slow microprocessor keeps you waiting but a mouse seems to help. Book reader is not bad! A sort of cut and paste on the net.... Maybe a good ROM upgrade sometime!

poikaa

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.