Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
87 Posts
[quote name='RONO;17631]Tobias' date=' I tried Nate the great hacking setup worked great. but can't get the apps to install. pd is located on F directory, created new folder added apk file that I wanted into folder, tried to install adb install on the command prompt and telling me not the path, or batch. Am I suppose to be in the pd directory or ?Could you please an example of what I need to do to make this work, look foward to you help thank you Ron[/QUOTE'] I am installing apps like crazy following Nate's instructions. Don't use drive f, I use my c drive. Just setup C:pandigitaladb and put all of Nate's stuff in there. Then when you want to install an apk, put it in that folder on c drive, get a windows command prompt, navigate to that directory, then execute the following command:adb install name_of_app.apkafter waiting a bit I get a "Success" from the adb program, and then reboot my PDN. I setup a bat file to do that, called it "reboot.bat" with 1 command line:adb rebootThat is all that needed. Then you can find your installed app in your panda home or whatever one you are using.

· Registered
87 Posts
lawman;17653 said:
I grew up on dos. all this windows bat stuff... it's like fat free ice cream. Screw that.adb reboot can be typed at the dos prompt too.
Hehehehe... yes it can... and I was doing that for awhile. I like shortcuts tho (I came up thru DOS too and had a bat file for everything, including the C compiler and the linker). Actually I got so lazy, that I just call it r.bat now... saves keystrokes! <grin>

· Registered
87 Posts
[quote name='BiPolarBear;21318]Yeah' date=' but where's the fun in that? [IMG]http://www.slatedroid.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smiley.gif[/IMG] Sounded like he wanted to do it the hard way...But if you want really easy, I'd suggest installing AppMonster. Great program. Look for it in the apps section of the forum.[/QUOTE'] Yeah... that is an uber easy way to do it... and it probably has the benefit of working with various home setups too. But one things bothers me... the internal memory where the apps are installed is somewhat limited in size, so I want to keep my apps to a minimum. Leaving room for apps that are really necessary... like games and stuff <grin>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.