Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I think the F drive is the disk in your novel. I imagine you want to create a directory on your C: drive. Then you can put the apk you want to install in that directory, open the dos prompt and install. you install TO the device, rather than putting the file on the device and installingSay you create c:novel:move the file, let's say first.apk to c:novelopen the dos prompt - should be under applications in windowsstart adb, which will probably have to be done from the directory adb is in (you may want to put the apk file in the directory adb is in or vice versa to reduce steps)make sure adb is running - I usually type adb devices or adb remounttype adb install <filename>, here adb install c:novelfirst.apkAssuming I proofed that right, it should work.

· Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I grew up on dos. all this windows bat stuff... it's like fat free ice cream. Screw that.adb reboot can be typed at the dos prompt too.

· Premium Member
2,102 Posts
roxiegin;17703 said:
so once hacked do the volume controlls ect still work as intended or do these need to be reprogrammed. again sorry for the newness
Depends on the "hack." A lot of people are hacking the volume controls to give us home and back buttons so you don't have to power down or reboot all the time (i assume that's the one you're talking about). In that case, you have to set volume under the settings tab - the volume keys don't do volume anymore, they do home and back.

· Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Give us the link for the installer you used?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.