Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry I couldn't find this info...I'm an experienced Linux user, but new to Android and 'droid tablets.Bought a tablet that came in a white "iRobot" box, and looks like a large iTouch (but smaller than an iPad). Right down to the connector at the bottom. It looks like an ipod connector; no USB connector to be found. Metal back/sides. 9v power adapter (already read that this may not be the best thing to have found...) Red LED. Front camera.I'd like to root and update the tablet to the latest Android ROM (preferably 2.2, but I'll take what I can get).Can someone tell me how to fully identify this beast (chipset, etc.) so I can know which ROMs to try and how (there's no USB, so I guess loading via microSD? Thanks,AJ

·
Registered
880 Posts
The connector sounds like a Moonse M002 with VIA8505 processor @c.a. 350MHz.Rockchip devices usualy have two mini USB connectors, one Audio Jack and a build in MicrophoneProbably it will be easier to upgrade your device to Android 2.2 since RockChip holds back the sources dor their CPU but by now there is only Android 1.6 for you as far as i heared.good luck!

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
if it is a true apad , which from your descriptions is probably a eken m002 via chip not a apad, you cannot upgrade it to android 2.2but even if it is a apad rockchip . still you would not be able to get it to run 2.2

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi guy i don't know the difference between a apad and a m003 so i need to identify what i haveso here it is if anyone can help me:if i plug the carger in it has a red light7 inch screenfirmware version 1.5kernel version 2.6.25 rockchip version 1.7.4it has 2 mini usbs i can switch between host usb and slave usb

·
Registered
47 Posts
Someone on ths forum has a spotters guide. Sounds like a batch 4 APAD which should be ok. there will be if not already, a firmware update from what i read. the batch 2 and 3 APADS are not being sold by eternal and others. if it is running the newer android you should be functional until any firmware shows up.

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
The difference is the chipset . The m003 has a via chipset that is the same as the Eken M001 and M002It sounds like you have a Apad which has a rockchip 2808/2808a

·
Registered
5 Posts
lol can you give me the link for the upgrade because this one isdriving me up the walls its slow to respond,when i view anything it goes in screen saver mode then i have to press the round button and menu to see anything ect

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.