Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have been reading these forums for the last three days trying to get an idea of what slate I should be buying, but it definitely seems like a bit of a minefield! I think the 7" apad rockchip is the best choice for me, but I would love to hear suggestions from the community. So if anyone wants to tell me there opinion of what I should be buying then please let me know. The main appeal of a tablet for me is to read comics. Anyone using there slate for comics? I guess I would need an android app that allows me to read cbr files. Also I am going on a long plane journey in 3 weeks so I guess I need to order something soon, so although from what I have read there is loads of great devices on the horizon I need to choose something that is available now. I saw this recommended UK supplier http://tabletstoreuk.com/ and was wondering if there were any more suggestions for buying in the UK? as they are currently out of stock. Lastly my budget, I guess it would be a maximum of ?200 including the shipping ($308). Thanks everyone for giving me a new interesting site to visit! Will be really exciting round here as general adoption of tablets grows.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i'm looking for almost exactly the same thing in england too, but wanting a bigger sized screen as I think it will work better for comics.

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
i use a 7" apad, its fantastic, cant fault it after installing RB firmware, fast and snappy, i dont read comics but do use it for ebooks, email, webbrowsing etc. I'm considering going up to 10" as i will be using it when i'm doing individual instruction with work based learners (i'm a teacher) as the 7" one is a bit hard for 2 people to look at. If your travelling i would get a decent case (not sure where though) or you could try and do what im doing, hollowing out the middle of a hard cover book to fit the apad into (tedious)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts