Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,I just got a eken and it's nice but kind of slow - I see here new firware and stuff. I am programming in processing and there is a android processing sdk but it would only work on android 2.1. I see that the eken works on the 1.6 - could that ever be upgraded to android 2.1 ever? or it won't work like that?What is the difference between all the different firmware too ? Is there any better - and is it usefull since eken release the 1.9.1 (and this 1.9.1 is the firware right not the android version ?) thanks ! I am happy to see that there is a big community around these device ! I will probably try to hack my slate to work on ubuntu !

·
Firmware Dev
2,739 Posts
Hypothetically speaking it could be made to run 2.1 or 2.2 but the limitation would be the slow cpu and the amount of ram, the Eken's hardware are barely able to run 1.6 at a reasonable speed and the extra coding in the higher version of Android would really push them.2.1 or 2.2 really need higher specs at a base of 256mg ram and the new telechip cpu's with 700+ clock speeds, this can be seen in the new hiapad tablet which comes with android 2.1 installed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.