Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,Im new to Eken and I would like to use some of custom ROM. Can somebody advice some ROM? I would like to have lightweight and fast firmware.Thanks a lot for your advices or tips...

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
You have several options, and you can also choose between Android and Windows CE.For Android I recommend Vestinious 1.2.2, it's based on the latest Eken build of Android 1.6 and when combined with a swap partition on your SD card, and HelixLauncher, it is quite fluid and usable.For Windows CE, I (obviously!) recommend my version, as it appears I am the only person working on it. Links are in my sig.There may also be a fully usable version of Debian in the works, but for now it's only usable for testing and messing around.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello Jhon,, the best thing imo is too testdrive some custom roms and see wich one you like the most.I currently use Ecotox 1.3.1 thats based on the 1.74 firmware thats the one I like best.There is also custom rom based on the 1.9 firmware called Vestinious from Roger Calver you should definatly check that one out too.Just go trough the various threads in the Eken M001 Firmware / Development section and read the feedback that people have on the custom and official roms.Also check the wiki on flashing roms.Wikigood luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.