Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so, as the title says, i am new to tablets. I would like to get an android tablet/slate, th emost bang for my buck. My MAX spending is $150 USD. The place of choice is MeriMobiles. I have looked around DealsExtreme also, and i thin ki see a few good deals on there also, but then again, this is my first one, and i really have only a basic understanding of what to get.Now, some have said "Dont get a VIA processor", and some have said "only get the rockcore processor".This is what i plan on doing with my mobile is simple internet, reading pdf books and reading comics in .cbr format. that is pretty much it. Oh, i do want the ease of rooting the new mobile also. more control, and i am a linux nut to boot.here is a link to the four choices MeriMobiles offers up, under the max price tag...http://www.merimobiles.com/Tablet_P...cat=205&show=10&page=1&minprice=&maxprice=149And here is the choices for DealExtreme > http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.317Sadly, DealExtreme does not have a relevant "search for price" feature, so your going to have to scroll.Ofcourse, if anyone else could point me to a web store with what i am looking for in the price range that i do not have posted here, please, leave a link for me and others to look at it! I plan on buying the new tablet by monday.

· Premium Member
2,344 Posts
Well right now I have both an M003 (from DX) and a GT78 (Kmart). Both under $150.00 (sale price and coupon for GT78).The M003 is an 8" 800x600 screen I think it's better for reading.The GT78 is a 7" 880x 480 Better for Video and more Ram/CPU for multitasking.For your needs The M003 would be best.ACV (Android Comic Viewer) has screen issues on the GT78. The M003 shows more of a PDF per screen.What is 'best' depends on what you want to do.M001 is the same screen size as the GT78.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.