Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
567 Posts
Interesting! I like the sounds of a 1.3M camera... hope it's not a typo...kind of funny when I did a quick search for telechips apad, I turned up the mp4nation site which mainly moaned about slow browser speed, so I clicked on the link, and tried all 4 sites on my GT and got WAY WAY WAY faster results than they did... nothing took more than 16s to load and wikipedia took about 3s...(Almost seems like the only improvement for the wits is probably from using a JIT dalvik-vm...)...and yeah, video playback is amazing on the GT... "feels" better than on my nb running Ubuntu 10.04 x86-64 + catalyst... certainly didn't notice any of the awful tearing that I observe on the nb...

· Registered
567 Posts
[quote name='eviltuna;40775]I've got this for about 3 days now' date=' its really nice, I'd say its better then the Wits A81E & also the Zenithink & the other Telechip with 3 buttons. Only thing I don't like is that the home button is mapped wrong.[/QUOTE']Is the camera really 1.3M or is it a typo and really a 0.3M camera like all of the others?

· Registered
28 Posts
I have this unit it is really nice. Its definitely better than the zenithink. As far as being better than the witsa81e I don't know because I have never tested one. The gsensor is really accurate when playing games. Its just like the original rockchip "apad" in design. This one has a telechip processor and runs android 2.1VIDEO OF THE UNIT

· Registered
42 Posts
Yes, I do have all the units I've listed. As for the camera I didn't really test it out I turned it on once to make sure it worked but it looked kind of dark, the reason I said it was better was because of the snappiness of the android 2.1 version they had, and the accelerometer works pretty well on it. Screen is responsive it just feels a lot more complete then the other tablets, reason its better then the Wits is because of the accelerometer, and I just like how the screen is just one piece and the bezel doesn't stick out like on the Wits. I haven't tried the multitouch, but from youtube video, you're suppose to be able to do multitouch on this baby.

· Registered
9 Posts
This looks like some variation of the Moonse E7002 or Pandawill G10. Good to hear that it is working well for so many people. I was wondering about a few things before I get one of these:1) Is the camera really 1.3MP or is it 0.3MP. Can you take a picture and post it somewhere. I'd like to see the quality. I am thinking about using this device for some simple skype'ing with the parents.2) Speaking about skype, how well does the mic work? 3) This touch screen is supposed to be multi-touch capable. Can you open up the gallery or the browser and let us know if it is.4) How is volume control handled? There does not seem to be dedicated volume control buttons. Do you hold down the home button to pop up a volume control widget or do you have to go into setup everytime?5) The description says that it has HD output? Does this device have an HDMI port that works?Thanks.

· Registered
198 Posts
cutterjohn;39661 said:
Interesting! I like the sounds of a 1.3M camera... hope it's not a typo....
The rockchips were also advertised as 1.3MP. I am pretty sure this is just a 0.3 with interpolation up to 1.3, which equates to lousy pictures. I have 2 pads now, and feel like getting more... Addictive to collect these things

· Registered
28 Posts
I've become addicted to these as well. I currently have 4. I will eventually sell 3 of them and keep the one I like the best which is currently the e7002 with android 2.1. The only thing stopping this is that currently I can't get my slingplayer app to work on it. My slingplayer app works on the rockchip version of the apad so that may be the one I keep

· Registered
198 Posts
How does the 7002 feel compared to the aPad? Build quality, screen brightness, etc? Thinking about waiting until the hdmi version comes out as it will be a batch 2 which typically gets more support!

· Registered
9 Posts
I have gone ahead and ordered what I think is an equivalent device from pandawill.com. Its the Gpad G10. Got it express shipped from pandawill for $177. Found a 6% off coupon ( pandawillgift ) that worked.I'll write up a review when I get the thing in the next few days. After I have played with the default install for a few days, I am going to start hacking the thing. I think it is already rooted, so the first thing is probably going to be a recovery hack like clockworkmod. Who knows, maybe somebody has already done the work for me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.