Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
This is just for reference purposes only - I've been messing with this for a few hours, trying to work it into a Mountain Laurel update. Not sure if it's really worth doing yet.

Keep in mind that, if you run this as is on a GTAB, the side buttons will likely break and there's no camera app (since the Hannspad has no camera). There could be other unexpected issues as well. And on a 1.1 GTAB, it will possibly soft-brick, especially if you use clockworkmod. So just a heads up to use at your own risk.

Direct download link: http://tapntap.http....7-4789-user.zip

Again, this is a ROM for the Hannspad, NOT the GTAB. They are similar devices, but not 100% the same.

EDIT: screenshot. This is running off my GTAB, updated from 4349 stock --

Side buttons are definitely borked, and possibly the g-sensor as well.

·
Registered
47 Posts
This is just for reference purposes only - I've been meesing with this for a few hours, trying to work it into a Mountain Laurel update. Not sure if it's really worth doing yet.

Keep in mind that, if you run this as is on a GTAB, the side buttons will likely break and there's no camera app (since the Hannspad has no camera). There could be other unexpected issues as well. And on a 1.1 GTAB, it will possibly soft-brick, especially if you use clockworkmod. So just a heads up to use at your own risk.

Again, this is a ROM for the Hannspad, NOT the GTAB. They are similar devices, but not 100% the same.
So Roe, nothing really exciting about this update?
What actually did and did not work? Just curious....

{Edit}: I just saw the screenshot after I posted, it looks better that gTab's home screen... no "flippy" menu thing?

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
roebeet,

I was going to D/L the link to check it out, but the link will not work
for me. Did they pull the link or block it -- or is it just too busy because
everyone else beat me there!!!????

RevBC

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
So Roe, nothing really exciting about this update?
What actually did and did not work? Just curious....

{Edit}: I just saw the screenshot after I posted, it looks better that gTab's home screen... no "flippy" menu thing?
Nope, nothing major. A few extra languages supported, and a few extra system apps (as you can see in the screenshot). Netflix doesn't work, and high-def playback is just as problematic as it is on 4349.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just tried it and it worked for me. Maybe they are getting hammered? I posted this on XDA, as well.

Downloaded OK for me...

Nope, nothing major. A few extra languages supported, and a few extra system apps (as you can see in the screenshot). Netflix doesn't work, and high-def playback is just as problematic as it is on 4349.
Nothing exciting, looking over the "zip"... I'll stick with BoS a5.2 for now....
Keep up the good work, Roe! Don't let the "summer house projects" wear you out too much!

./B

·
Registered
320 Posts
Interesting...

I actually like the Tap 'n Tap interface- if it were less laggy. I wonder if they've made improvements in that area...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Interesting...

I actually like the Tap 'n Tap interface- if it were less laggy. I wonder if they've made improvements in that area...
Sadly TapnTap was just as laggy after this update as it was before. I'm currently using the much zippier TnTLite rom.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hmm, mine just updated and since then I have a permanently visible line through the screen, shows up when anything is displayed including when booting up. Its a bit like a solid line of dead pixels... You think it's update related? Or I need to RMA my hannspad? Only had it out of the box for 10 mins lol.

·
Registered
136 Posts
If its really a line of dead pixels I guess you just got a faulty unit and the timing with the update is just coincidence...
I guess its just bad luck.

You could search for "Dead Pixel" in the AndroidPit Market, there are apps to test it, but I don´t know wether they are in this market.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I updated my Hannspad yesterday. I put the stock rom on - again. Jsut to check as I never did that before.
I am playing around the different ROMS since two month. BUt it is not realy making me happy.
So I thought.
---
Isn`t it possible to get root rights on this software and then add the App market?
---
I mean - if so - it would fit my needs and I would just go on with the Stock Rom.
Did anyone try this?

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Please tell me how I get android market on hannspad.....sadly I got a D in German so the link was no use to me!!!
Hi

Managed to run the link though google translate to English and got Android Market on stock ROM working.

Here's how I did it.

You need to root your Hanspad and the app root Explorer.

I rooted mine using Z4root (just google it very easy to do).

First download the GoogleServicesFramework.apk and Vending.apk from the German forum link and copy on to your SDcard.

Now run root Explorer and give it root access using Superuser

Copy the two files into "system / apps /" directory with root Explorer (will need to set system/apps/ directory to r/w)
after you copied the two files into "system/apps" directory change the permissions on the two files to the same as every in the directory rw-r--r-- then set the "system/apps" directory back to r/o.

now restart your hanspad you should see a Google Market icon. Starts the Market and click around a bit. You must log in with your Google Account if necessary or create one.

Leave the Market with the "Home" button (not the "back" button!)

Go to "Settings / Applications / System Applications /"

Then scroll down to "market" and select. press bottom right "Clear cache" button and "Force stop" (do not press "Clear data")

Then Scroll up to "Google Services Framework" and select. press "Clear data" and "Force Stop".

Now restart your hanspad.

After rebooting you should have the fully functioning market.

Thanks goes to the original post rmimo from German forum.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts