Android Tablets Forum banner

New Stock Firmware 4.2.2

34K views 32 replies 17 participants last post by  julioforo 
#1 ·
Thanks to Davka this is the last update with SDK 2.0 Android 4.2.2 for N90FHDRK (24.06.2013)
http://pan.baidu.com...81&uk=892608058

This is a new stock firmware released for the N90FHDRK, (fully compatibly with Cube u9gtv).

Tsparky root method works..
You will need to use titanium backup to remove chinese apps..

this is a 100% improvement over all existing roms (usking rockchip SDK 2.0), I recommend to all users.

I have only been testing a few hours, but so far after root & remove chinese apps I woulds say is perfect.

Input lag gone, ui (particularly launcher) - massive improvement.
- includes project butter, android 4.2, pinch to zoom and scroll - much faster
-has sD (1200x1600) and hd 1600 x 2048, all much faster.

scores about the same in Antutu, but in terms of using it feels about twice as fast...

I am sure this will be become the new base for any custom roms..

I have tested this on my Cube u9gtv. Goodluck!

See less See more
#8 ·
First of all a BIG thanks to everyone contributing to this forum. How much more difficult would the world have been if it was not for forums like this.

I have flashed the released 4.2.2 ROM on my Cube U9GTV (RK3188 version)and would want to make a step up to a rooted version and get rid of the Chinese ware which I cannot use. In my attempt to load mml78's build I am having difficulty with the CWM. I could get the recovery image to load at 0x00010000 but my problem is to initiate CWM on the cube u9gtv. I tried a few button combinations but the option select screen just never appeared. When I did a factory reset the cube would just show the boot up "no cube, no fun" screen indefinitely. I reflashed 4.2.2 and the tablet is fortunately back up and running.

Can anyone point me to a description of the steps to use CWM to load mml78's build on the u9gtv.

#9 ·
Okay, I succeeded in getting the unit to boot into the CWM. Did the three wipes, loaded mml78's build on to an external SD card and installed the zip. It went through all the steps and it reported "installed from sd card complete"

Problem is now when I do a "reboot system now" it just boots back into recovery mode. Any pointers?

#10 ·
Hi 4 Wheel.

I am not using CWM as not entirely sure its perfect on these tabs.

To Root, reflash the cube firemware with RKbatch tool.

then, root using this method ..

http://vondroid.com/threads/how-to-root-a-rk3188-device.7686/#.Ud5Dxvl8nng

after this, install supersu and busybox from the market.

install titanium backup. use it to remove all chinese apps.

voila... now you have a clean rooted rom running the latest firmware without the bloat.

I

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi Deanox,

Thank you for your response. Much appreciated. I will certainly use that method once I get the tablet back up and running.

At this point my only communication with the tablet is with ADB. None of Supersport900s ROM flash tool nor the RKBatchtool sees the tablet, no matter what I try. When I go into my PCs devices I don't see any of the USB interfaces that I saw previously so it looks like maybe some other image has been corrupted/wiped in my process of getting CWM on the tablet. I had great success with the recovery tool that was built into my previous tablet so that is why I opted for the CWM path, which I realize now may not have been the best thing to do, especially considering how I had difficulty to activate it.

Having only an ADB connection to the PC and CWM running it appears as if my only options at this point are either to push the individual parameter, kernel, boot etc images (using ADB) or a .zip file that contains all the partitions for CWM. If only I can find a package containing all of those files for this tablet. I will also have to read a bit more on how to use ADB for this purpose.

Update: Found Supersport900's Rom based on the original 4.1 ROM. It has all the .img files that I need to get an OS running again. (Although it is 4.1.) I am planning to push all the images except for the recovery image (my current lifeline) and see what happens.

Has anyone tried fastboot on the U9gtv?

#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
Problem solved. Way easier than I expected.

Used adb to reboot into bootloader

As soon as the tablet was in bootloader mode (required for fastboot) I noticed that the Rockusb device appeared on the PC's devices.

Although communication with ADB was lost the Rockchip Batch Tool (V1.7) could now communicate and I could flash the stock image.

The Cube is back up!
(and I am having fun again)

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi all,

I have random freezes followed by shutdown with the latest stock ROM "U9GT5 Core4 V1.2(Test Version)_With RK3188 SDK v2.0_20130701"

Background:
Previous ROM Cube U9GT5 Quad-Core TNT Release 1 (no crashes)
then installed the latest 20130701 with RK Batch Tool 1.7, "restore" action.

The tablet would randomnly, but frequently enough, freeze and shut down. It would happend with any app, playing video, or just even using ES Explorer.

Things I tried w/o success: changed HD / Normal mode, ticked "Force GPU rendering"

Anybody has that problem? There are many improvements otherwise (WiFi a bit more solid, less heat generated) but it's just not workable for me with this shutdown problem.

Thanks

#16 ·
Very impressive improvement over the stock 4.1.1 rom, both the stock 4.2.2 and mml's Espresso. I've only got one question: is it possible to change icon set on a rom so as to restore the default? I don't really like the look of some of espresso's...if not, then thanks in any case for your efforts, you really helped me a lot!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.