Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Zenithink Software Download page - http://www.zenithink.com/Eshownews_197.html

i guess that for first time burn u must include spl boot loader
ftp://zenithink.com/dyliao/zt-180/boot/20110603/E3_DUAL/ZT_E3.spl
(without that mine tablet runs very slowly and out of memory)

place all this files into folder named zt-update on external sd card and you are almost done...

plug card in, and press big front button (back/menu) on your device and power on.
next just follow onscreen instructions.

fully charged battery is suggested, together with power adapter...
Thanks to everyone's posts on this subject, its a huge help. But, I'm trying to update to 0613 with the E3.spl . No problem with finding the 0613, but I can not find a good link to download the E3.spl files. Could anyone help me with that? I saw a similar post that then directed me to http://www.mediafire.../?a3r96z2eoheza but once there I'm not sure what I'm looking at. From there I unzipped the 0603E3Otherfiles, thinking that the E3.spl files for that would work for the 0613, but there is no zImage or zt-update files, so I need a little direction.

Thanks in advance.

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts
Thanks to everyone's posts on this subject, its a huge help. But, I'm trying to update to 0613 with the E3.spl . No problem with finding the 0613, but I can not find a good link to download the E3.spl files. Could anyone help me with that? I saw a similar post that then directed me to http://www.mediafire.../?a3r96z2eoheza but once there I'm not sure what I'm looking at. From there I unzipped the 0603E3Otherfiles, thinking that the E3.spl files for that would work for the 0613, but there is no zImage or zt-update files, so I need a little direction.

Thanks in advance.
I believe that link was to my mediafire folder for the 0603 ROM, not sure as the link is broken (the ...).....

I'm not sure what you need, the 0603 ZT_E3.spl is in the boot/E3_DUAL folder and the 0603 zImage & zImage_adb are in the kernel/E3 folder (but you are probably going to use the 0613 kernels instead).....

On the Zenithink FTP, the 0603 ZT_E3.spl can be found here (right click and save target as, or copy shortcut and paste into your ftp software) - ftp://zenithink.com/..._DUAL/ZT_E3.spl

As you can see from my signature, I am using the 0613 system.tar.bz, and the 0618 kernels & zImage_update (the one from the update folder needs to be used first to format the inand to ext4, then you can use the one in the usr folder from the Zenithink FTP) on my v2 10" & 7" tablets.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
I believe that link was to my mediafire folder for the 0603 ROM, not sure as the link is broken (the ...).....

I'm not sure what you need, the 0603 ZT_E3.spl is in the boot/E3_DUAL folder and the 0603 zImage & zImage_adb are in the kernel/E3 folder (but you are probably going to use the 0613 kernels instead).....

On the Zenithink FTP, the 0603 ZT_E3.spl can be found here (right click and save target as, or copy shortcut and paste into your ftp software) - ftp://zenithink.com/..._DUAL/ZT_E3.spl

As you can see from my signature, I am using the 0613 system.tar.bz, and the 0618 kernels & zImage_update (the one from the update folder needs to be used first to format the inand to ext4, then you can use the one in the usr folder from the Zenithink FTP) on my v2 10" & 7" tablets.....
Thanks for the help. I was able to find the files I was looking for. Now another problem. I loaded the 5 "zImage" files and the E3.spl onto the micro SD in the "zt-update" folder, plugged the tablet in and started through the update process. All was going as expected until it stopped and now says "mount: mounting/dev/block/mmcblk0p0... no such file" then "create system part failed". Now it will not start past the Android signature during the boot-up process... Any suggestions? (detailed procedures always a plus)

·
6,629 Posts
Thanks for the help. I was able to find the files I was looking for. Now another problem. I loaded the 5 "zImage" files and the E3.spl onto the micro SD in the "zt-update" folder, plugged the tablet in and started through the update process. All was going as expected until it stopped and now says "mount: mounting/dev/block/mmcblk0p0... no such file" then "create system part failed". Now it will not start past the Android signature during the boot-up process... Any suggestions? (detailed procedures always a plus)
Do you have the system.tar.bz (inand) in your zt-update folder also?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do you have the system.tar.bz (inand) in your zt-update folder also?
No. I do have it on my computer, but did not copy it into the zt-update. Should I put it in there with the other 6 files, or by itself first? Thank you again for you help and quick responses...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yes put the system.tar.bz in the zt-update folder with the other files it should work then

·
6,629 Posts
No. I do have it on my computer, but did not copy it into the zt-update. Should I put it in there with the other 6 files, or by itself first? Thank you again for you help and quick responses...
It should be in the zt-update folder as well.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well from the 0613 ROM, if you flashed the data.tar.bz, it will clear the data partition and then write to your existing data partition.....
From a ROM on the FTP - use the zImage_update from the usr folder, the one in the update folder formats the inand before copying files. PS - For the 0618_t, you needed to use the one from the update folder beause it needed to be formated to ext4 file system rather than the ext2 file system of the older ROMs - so you had to lose all the apps and settings on the tablet, unless you made a tar backup like me and turned that ito a data.tar.bz file that got flashed back on during the flashing update.....
Hi Mr. O,

Is that why you list your 7" as:"Zenithink ZT-180-701A 7" Upad (Cameo PCB) (ROM: 0613/0618)". Had me lookin' for a new ROM! LOL

·
6,629 Posts
Hi Mr. O,

Is that why you list your 7" as:"Zenithink ZT-180-701A 7" Upad (Cameo PCB) (ROM: 0613/0618)". Had me lookin' for a new ROM! LOL
Yes, sorry for confusing you......

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well from the 0613 ROM, if you flashed the data.tar.bz, it will clear the data partition and then write to your existing data partition.....
From a ROM on the FTP - use the zImage_update from the usr folder, the one in the update folder formats the inand before copying files. PS - For the 0618_t, you needed to use the one from the update folder beause it needed to be formated to ext4 file system rather than the ext2 file system of the older ROMs - so you had to lose all the apps and settings on the tablet, unless you made a tar backup like me and turned that ito a data.tar.bz file that got flashed back on during the flashing update.....
Dear Master!

Do you know what is new in 0618 rom?

Thanks in advance.

·
6,629 Posts
Dear Master!

Do you know what is new in 0618 rom?

Thanks in advance.
The ecn.txt in the update folder on the FTP says:

20110618_t
change filesystem from ext2 to ext4(just for v2)
So just the filesystem for 7" and 10" tablets with inand internal storage got changed from ext2 to ext4.......

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I have recently given this tablet as firmware that has the 0408. I would like to upgrade to version 0613 and I already downloaded the firmware from the official website. I wanted to know and if I could update it directly to the latest firmware or should I first upgrade to a more recent, then I must also update the SPL, and what is it?

·
6,629 Posts
Hi, I have recently given this tablet as firmware that has the 0408. I would like to upgrade to version 0613 and I already downloaded the firmware from the official website. I wanted to know and if I could update it directly to the latest firmware or should I first upgrade to a more recent, then I must also update the SPL, and what is it?
You should be able to update directly to the 0613 ROM, but for any ROM after the 0603, you are required to flash the 0603 spl (can be found on the Zenithink FTP - ftp://zenithink.com/..._DUAL/ZT_E3.spl) because, according to the readme.docx on the ftp for the 0603 ROM:
because kernel ofnew memalloc driver use system resvered memory(which manually resveredold).here boot need change memory size pass to kernel.What change? we don'tknow,we haven't has source code.

Risky yourself to flash boot/spl. Remember keep AC is on, andpower enough.And remember just flash one time it will be fine.
As stated, just make sure your battery is fully charged and you are plugged in when you flash the spl & ROM files, an error when flashing the spl can brick the device, you need to press the square button in front when the flashing procedure asks you whether to flash the spl or not......

·
Registered
6 Posts
So in summary, to flash the firmware I can update it directly with the 0613 firmware 0408 but I have to also update the spl if not I might have problems with memory driver.
When you flash the spl with you answer? which key must be pressed?

·
6,629 Posts
spl file is always positioned inside the folder zt-update?
Yes, during the flashing process, it only looks at/in the zt-update folder for all the files for updating......

·
Registered
74 Posts
All those things with inand and nand...
I checked both - same speed, but with inand I have 183/67Mb free and with nand only 120/20mb. So I stay with inand.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts