Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Zenithink Software Download page - http://www.zenithink.com/Eshownews_197.html

i guess that for first time burn u must include spl boot loader
ftp://zenithink.com/dyliao/zt-180/boot/20110603/E3_DUAL/ZT_E3.spl
(without that mine tablet runs very slowly and out of memory)

place all this files into folder named zt-update on external sd card and you are almost done...

plug card in, and press big front button (back/menu) on your device and power on.
next just follow onscreen instructions.

fully charged battery is suggested, together with power adapter...

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts
What does the HD Wallpapers.apk and GestureLauncher.apk do?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What does the HD Wallpapers.apk and GestureLauncher.apk do?
tried gesture, one can record and assign user def. stroke to be used to control applications.
may be useful and funny, (but in my gadget there is no memory for it,)
so i pick first apl to be uninstalled ...

HD sound for me as huge memory eater also...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello, first off let me start by thanking you all for the help, the 7" upad is my first android tablet, and my first attempt at firmware updating.

If I am updating from stock, can I go right to this version, or do I need to upgrade to an earlier version first?

Can I follow the instructions for updating for the 10" version? I read all the threads in this 7" forum and I don't see any instructions for updating.

My tablet has really terrible wireless OOB... maybe a range of 20m. Is this typical? I assume updating the firmware will improve this..

Also, how can I figure out the currently loaded firmware?

thanks again for the help

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello, first off let me start by thanking you all for the help, the 7" upad is my first android tablet, and my first attempt at firmware updating.

If I am updating from stock, can I go right to this version, or do I need to upgrade to an earlier version first?

Can I follow the instructions for updating for the 10" version? I read all the threads in this 7" forum and I don't see any instructions for updating.

My tablet has really terrible wireless OOB... maybe a range of 20m. Is this typical? I assume updating the firmware will improve this..

Also, how can I figure out the currently loaded firmware?

thanks again for the help
and what is your build Number?
(From "ABOUT DEVICE" in the "SETTINGS MENU")
mine comes with zt180-eng AOSP OPENMASTER eng.root.20110304.120935 test-keys

if it is your case also, you can download files from locations described above
and extract then into folder named zt-update on external sd card.
next plug card in, and press big front button (back/menu) on your device and next power on.

next just follow onscreen instructions

·
Registered
6 Posts
and what is your build Number?
(From "ABOUT DEVICE" in the "SETTINGS MENU")
mine comes with zt180-eng AOSP OPENMASTER eng.root.20110304.120935 test-keys

if it is your case also, you can download files from locations described above
and extract then into folder named zt-update on external sd card.
next plug card in, and press big front button (back/menu) on your device and next power on.

next just follow onscreen instructions
mine is
zt180-eng AOSP OPENMASTER eng.root.20110408.120935 test-keys

guessing it'll work.. thanks man

EDIT- Worked great, tablet is much improved and wireless issues are fixed, thanks again

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm new to this forum and just bought the uPad. I dont' have a micro sd. Can I update the firmware using USB or microUSB connector instead? Any steps would be much appreciated. Thanks.

·
6,629 Posts
I'm new to this forum and just bought the uPad. I dont' have a micro sd. Can I update the firmware using USB or microUSB connector instead? Any steps would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Sorry, you can only flash using a sdcard....

·
Registered
175 Posts
Sorry, you can only flash using a sdcard....
You can get by with a 1gb micro sd card (cheep on ebay like $2 shipped) but i would get at least a 4 or 8 bigger if you have the bucks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just did the upgrade and lost all my installed apps and settings. Is there something I can do to prevent this with future upgrades?
Other than that, the upgrade went very smoothly.

·
6,629 Posts
I just did the upgrade and lost all my installed apps and settings. Is there something I can do to prevent this with future upgrades?
Other than that, the upgrade went very smoothly.
Well from the 0613 ROM, if you flashed the data.tar.bz, it will clear the data partition and then write to your existing data partition.....
From a ROM on the FTP - use the zImage_update from the usr folder, the one in the update folder formats the inand before copying files. PS - For the 0618_t, you needed to use the one from the update folder beause it needed to be formated to ext4 file system rather than the ext2 file system of the older ROMs - so you had to lose all the apps and settings on the tablet, unless you made a tar backup like me and turned that ito a data.tar.bz file that got flashed back on during the flashing update.....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Zenithink Software Download page - http://www.zenithink.com/Eshownews_197.html

i guess that for first time burn u must include spl boot loader
ftp://zenithink.com/dyliao/zt-180/boot/20110603/E3_DUAL/ZT_E3.spl
(without that mine tablet runs very slowly and out of memory)

place all this files into folder named zt-update on external sd card and you are almost done...

plug card in, and press big front button (back/menu) on your device and power on.
next just follow onscreen instructions.

fully charged battery is suggested, together with power adapter...
I can't dl the spl bootloader. Updated the rom and my upad is slow and screen is unresponsive.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I can't dl the spl bootloader. Updated the rom and my upad is slow and screen is unresponsive.
try to click on link once more,
if there is still problem
u can still use link http://www.mediafire.com/?a3r96z2eoheza
(more information u can find on wiki page)

in my case that was possible to finalize update with just spl file in zt-update folder

good luck
let me know...

·
Registered
26 Posts
try to click on link once more,
if there is still problem
u can still use link http://www.mediafire.com/?a3r96z2eoheza
(more information u can find on wiki page)

in my case that was possible to finalize update with just spl file in zt-update folder

good luck
let me know...
Thanks for the link, I found the file. However, reading the forums, saw some have problems with 0613, went to 0603 and try it out. Will update. Thanks again.

edit... I saw 0603 have the spl bootloader file already, when I update to the 0613 rom, will I need to add the spl bootloader file I got from your files? Thanks in advance for the assist.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the link, I found the file. However, reading the forums, saw some have problems with 0613, went to 0603 and try it out. Will update. Thanks again.

edit... I saw 0603 have the spl bootloader file already, when I update to the 0613 rom, will I need to add the spl bootloader file I got from your files? Thanks in advance for the assist.
0603 is unofficial beta release, links to that files can be found on slate-wiki. (as i dont used spl file, i have memory issue)
0613 is official firmware release and u can found & download files on zenithink pages (as i dont used spl file, i have memory issue also).

so
1} if u already on 0603 or 0613 and u wish to stay at this version, just place spl file into zt-update folder and flash your gadget
2) if u have older fw (my case 0503 or 0304), follow instructions from my first post ...
3| if u already have 0603 with spl bootloader updated, u do not need include spl file anymore

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks again rh. Upad back in business. Playing smooth, screen is responsive. Wifi hasbeen droping, lowered tx to 18 and so far wifi is stable. All for now. Hopefully we get hibernate and fix for hiss on speakers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
rh+,

Thank you for referring me to this topic (i don't know how I missed the answer first time through reading) and helping. I am at work right now and look fwd to going home just to flash this new device.

I am kinda hating this zt-180 right now because of the lag.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Update: Got home, downloaded 0603E3OtherFiles.rar and placed everything in \0603E3OtherFiles\0603E3Other Files\boot\E3_DUAL in the sdcard of the "zt-update" folder and was prompted with "...press enter to burn SPL" and it's running a lot better now.

I hope this update will allow my tablet to charge up to 100%. I was only able to obtain up to 95%.

Also, does the resolution on these tablets look pixalated compared to the 7" galaxy?

Thanks again!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts