Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my new Novel today. It was loaded with 07/05 firmware. I used it earlier and all worked fairly well...wi-fi connected, then dropped once after the first time it connected, but reconnected and never disconnected after that. Browser worked good. Reader was good. BUT I WANT APPS!!! So I installed PandaHome using Nate guide. Now Novel seems sloooooow...and wi-fi does NOT work. It is forever in a state of "Turning Wi-Fi Off". Rebooted Novel and used original Home and booted fine and wireless connected immediately. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I've found that re-flashing the fw fixed a lot of those problems during the period before the re-release. I keep telling people to try to do that. You can't until someone gets the 7-05 fw up. maybe try uninstalling an reinstalling panda...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, I found another issue. I have successfully removed pandahome using adb shell. However, using the bat file to revert volume keys back to original does not work. It runs, says it's doing it's thing and reboots the Novel. However, once booted the keys wont control volume...instead down goes BACK and up does nothing...using the original Home that came with Novel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DOS WINDOW START====================Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.C:>cd novelC:novel>revert_volume_keys.batC:novel>adb remountremount succeededC:novel>adb push gpio-keys.kl.orig /system/usr/keylayout/push gpio-keys.klAndroid Debug Bridge version 1.0.26 -d - directs command to the only connected USB device returns an error if more than one USB device is present. -e - directs command to the only running emulator. returns an error if more than one emulator is running. -s <serial number> - directs command to the USB device or emulator with the given serial number. Overrides ANDROID_SERIAL environment variable. -p <product name or path> - simple product name like 'sooner', or a relative/absolute path to a product out directory like 'out/target/product/sooner'. If -p is not specified, the ANDROID_PRODUCT_OUT environment variable is used, which must be an absolute path. devices - list all connected devices connect <host>:<port> - connect to a device via TCP/IP disconnect <host>:<port> - disconnect from a TCP/IP devicedevice commands: adb push <local> <remote> - copy file/dir to device adb pull <remote> [<local>] - copy file/dir from device adb sync [ <directory> ] - copy host->device only if changed (see 'adb help all') adb shell - run remote shell interactively adb shell <command> - run remote shell command adb emu <command> - run emulator console command adb logcat [ <filter-spec> ] - View device log adb forward <local> <remote> - forward socket connections forward specs are one of: tcp:<port> localabstract:<unix domain socket name> localreserved:<unix domain socket name> localfilesystem:<unix domain socket name> dev:<character device name> jdwp:<process pid> (remote only) adb jdwp - list PIDs of processes hosting a JDWP transport adb install [-l] [-r] [-s] <file> - push this package file to the device and install it ('-l' means forward-lock the app) ('-r' means reinstall the app, keeping its data) ('-s' means install on SD card instead of internal storage) adb uninstall [-k] <package> - remove this app package from the device ('-k' means keep the data and cache directories) adb bugreport - return all information from the device that should be included in a bug report. adb help - show this help message adb version - show version numDATAOPTS: (no option) - don't touch the data partition -w - wipe the data partition -d - flash the data partitionscripting: adb wait-for-device - block until device is online adb start-server - ensure that there is a server running adb kill-server - kill the server if it is running adb get-state - prints: offline | bootloader | device adb get-serialno - prints: <serial-number> adb status-window - continuously print device status for a specified device adb remount - remounts the /system partition on the device read-write adb reboot [bootloader|recovery] - reboots the device, optionally into the bootloader or recovery program adb reboot-bootloader - reboots the device into the bootloader adb root - restarts the adbd daemon with root permissions adb usb - restarts the adbd daemon listening on USB adb tcpip <port> - restarts the adbd daemon listening on TCP on the specified portnetworking: adb ppp <tty> [parameters] - Run PPP over USB. Note: you should not automatically start a PPP connection. <tty> refers to the tty for PPP stream. Eg. dev:/dev/omap_csmi_tty1 [parameters] - Eg. defaultroute debug dump local notty usepeerdnsadb sync notes: adb sync [ <directory> ] <localdir> can be interpreted in several ways: - If <directory> is not specified, both /system and /data partitions will be updated. - If it is "system" or "data", only the corresponding partition is updated.C:novel>adb shell chmod 777 /system/usr/keylayout/gpio-keys.klC:novel>adb shell chown system.system /system/usr/keylayout/gpio-keys.klC:novel>adb shell rebootC:novel>DOS WINDOW END====================Here is what I find when opening gpio-keys.kl.origkey 1 POWER WAKEkey 5 VOLUME_UPkey 4 VOLUME_DOWNkey 61 MENU WAKE_DROPPEDkey 42 CAMERA key 34 BACK WAKE_DROPPEDkey 57 DPAD_LEFT WAKE_DROPPEDkey 49 DPAD_RIGHT WAKE_DROPPEDkey 25 DPAD_UP WAKE_DROPPEDkey 41 DPAD_DOWN WAKE_DROPPEDkey 33 DPAD_CENTER WAKE_DROPPEDkey 249 ENDCALL WAKE_DROPPEDkey 250 FOCUS # Fake Focuskey 26 HOME WAKE_DROPPEDHope that's enough info for you...and THANKS!!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I am not sure, Nate needs to look at this. But my first inclination is that the revert bat file has been corrupted. Looks like a lot of error messages coming out of it. One thing you might do, I noticed that the bat file doesn't seem to be well delimited at the end of each command, so I actually editted my bat file with NotePad, to put a good newline after each command (just before the next adb), that way it doesn't run altogether like 1 big line. After editing my revert bat looks like this:adb remountadb push gpio-keys.kl.orig /system/usr/keylayout/push gpio-keys.kladb shell chmod 777 /system/usr/keylayout/gpio-keys.kladb shell chown system.system /system/usr/keylayout/gpio-keys.kladb shell rebootEach line is a seperate adb command line. The way I got these from the download, the lines were all running together... I am not sure why. Might give this a try.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Create a new text file. Paste the below into it, and then save it as revert.bat
Code:
adb remountadb push gpio-keys.kl.orig /system/usr/keylayout/gpio-keys.kladb shell chmod 777 /system/usr/keylayout/gpio-keys.kladb shell chown system.system /system/usr/keylayout/gpio-keys.kladb shell reboot
The 2nd "push" on the 2nd line needs to be removed
Code:
adb remountadb push gpio-keys.kl.orig /system/usr/keylayout/[B]push[/B] gpio-keys.kladb shell chmod 777 /system/usr/keylayout/gpio-keys.kladb shell chown system.system /system/usr/keylayout/gpio-keys.kladb shell reboot

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.