Android Tablets Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi guys I take it you all have a flytouch 2. Which model? I have a mid tablet pc an I checked the other day and there was now notification for an update? When was the update released? Is it out for all flytouch models does anyone know? an anyone also tell me if there is an update for os 2.2 due out or if they know of how I can get a programme to install it?

Thanks

Paul

·
Registered
177 Posts
I actually have a Hypepad (Superpad). The update notice I received was to the 1561 update. I used it, but did not like how it worked on my tablet. I found a download for the 1568 update.zip and used it. It works great for me.

I know that the FTII and superpad are very similar, but do not know if the hardware is the exact same. However, I do believe others have used the 1568 update and it has worked for them.

·
Vendor
1,154 Posts
AHHHH I hate how the Hype-Pad Qs get over here in Flytouch.

Anyway, the 1568 is working on the Hype too. My only question is regarding battery calibration as the new Hypepad/superpads from our new factory are reportedly with newer batteries, so I dont know if that will affect the longevity. With 1480 firmware, reports were at least 5 hours of video with plenty of battery left.

ON ANOTHER NOTE.

Can someone post here or in the Hype-Pad support thread in my BaD section, a safe link for 1568 and the Button combo to install the zip from recovery?

Got a little busy last bit, sorry mates.
Thanks again

jim

·
Premium Member
2,428 Posts
http://megaupload.com/?d=3IH456VJ[/...SWOP3VS]http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ASWOP3VS

Download, when unzipped there is a file called update.zip put that on root of sdcard. be sure sdcard is in slot between the USB ports.

To get recovery menu

Hold down Home and Vol- button press power keep hold vol-down.

When at the recovery screen. Vol- moves selection down Vol+ moves it up. Menu will execute selection.

Select update sdcard and execute.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Did the download from megaupload really work ok? I am waiting for a notification that there is an update. Other people seem to be getting it but I haven't got the notification yet. I have flytouch 2 mid tablet pc. Will i be due to get the update or should I go to the download site and download it?

Thanks

Paul

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have used both of the above downloads and they both work fine.

The only update noticed I received was for the 1561 update. I do not think you will receive one for either of the others.

·
Premium Member
2,428 Posts
[quote author=slipperyskink link=topic=14776.msg123462#msg123462 date=1295529794]
Did the download from megaupload really work ok? I am waiting for a notification that there is an update. Other people seem to be getting it but I haven't got the notification yet. I have flytouch 2 mid tablet pc. Will i be due to get the update or should I go to the download site and download it?

Thanks

Paul
[/quote]

Yes I have used both of the links to get the files.

Mine says WOWPAD on the box.it has the wow launcher and wowupdater. The updater only reported the 1561 update. I did use the updater for that. The 1623 has corrected the default keyboard issue. adds DolphinHD as the default browser. wi/fi GPS work well not sure if there is any battery life improvements.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Downloaded 1623 myself it works great the only thing that doesn't work on it is skype which I really want to use. I haven't used the hdmi connection yet is it any good? The overall idea is that I can ge skype to work then plug it into my tele and use skype through a big screen. Is this possible? I am looking for an update for os 2.2 aswell if anyone knows of one that is available at all?

Thanks

Paul

·
Registered
1 Posts
anybody could help me plaese
why does my pad still be deb-r2.1.1480 ?
and when I accessed the SYSTEM UPDATE ..it said that I have a up-to-date version , no available update??

Thanks for help and suggestion,
New User with no knowledge of IT and little skill on English

·
Registered
21 Posts
Downloaded 1623 myself it works great the only thing that doesn't work on it is skype which I really want to use. I haven't used the hdmi connection yet is it any good? The overall idea is that I can ge skype to work then plug it into my tele and use skype through a big screen. Is this possible? I am looking for an update for os 2.2 aswell if anyone knows of one that is available at all?

Thanks

Paul
Firmware versions 1561 and higher support Skype (Audio only).
But no versions can support Skype video yet!
This is a bit weird considering the tablet has a front facing webcam obviously meant for video conferencing...
Anybody knows of any VOIP apps for Android that supports video calls?

·
Registered
21 Posts
anybody could help me plaese
why does my pad still be deb-r2.1.1480 ?
and when I accessed the SYSTEM UPDATE ..it said that I have a up-to-date version , no available update??

Thanks for help and suggestion,
New User with no knowledge of IT and little skill on English
I must say the OTA update process is a bit weird. Nobody knows what are the rules to trigger an update download & notification.
The only version that has ever worked (for me successfully updated OTA) is from 1170 to 1561.
All the others are manually flashed...
So although versions up to 3245 are available, I have refrained from flashing my 1561 version to see if I get an official OTA update.

So far nothing since 1561.
Of course, the other firmware versions that I flashed (higher than 1561) do not seems to get any notification either.

So, you can either choose to wait (with no guarantee ever of an update) or bite the bullet & flash it manually.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I must say the OTA update process is a bit weird. Nobody knows what are the rules to trigger an update download & notification.
The only version that has ever worked (for me successfully updated OTA) is from 1170 to 1561.
All the others are manually flashed...
So although versions up to 3245 are available, I have refrained from flashing my 1561 version to see if I get an official OTA update.

So far nothing since 1561.
Of course, the other firmware versions that I flashed (higher than 1561) do not seems to get any notification either.

So, you can either choose to wait (with no guarantee ever of an update) or bite the bullet & flash it manually.
if you stay with that firmware it just like you are left behind in year 1970, and we are in Year 2011 running 3925 v2.2 Froyo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My pad is AOSON M108 features link http://www.szaoson.com/html/ProductView.asp?ID=92
I installed the wrong rom. does not turn on now. Which rom is compatible with Aoson M108. Please help me.

M108: Infotmic КАРТА X220, 1 ГГц, Android2.1, 256MB/4GB, 10.1resistance, WiFi, GPS, G-сенсор
1.Processor: Infotmic КАРТА X220, 1 ГГц
2.O / S: Android2.1
3.Memory/Hard диск: 256MB/4GB
4.Display: 10,1 TFT (LCD) Сопротивление сенсорным экраном (1024 * 600)
5.WIFI: 802.11b/g/n
6.Built стерео динамики и микрофон
7.Support GPS
8.Camera: 2.1Mega пикселей
9.External Слот: 2 * TFT слот для карты, 1 * Стерео наушники слот
10.Transfer Разъем: 1 * DC-IN Jack, 1 * RJ45 порт, 1 * HDMI слот
11.Battery: 3800, мощным аккумулятором литий-полимерная
12.Audio: MP3, WMA, WAV, AAC, OGG, APE, FLAC, AC3
13.Video: RM, RMVB, FLV, MPG, MP4, 3GP, DAT, MOV, MKV, WMV9 (720p)
14.With сенсорное перо
15.Support TF карт до 32 Гб extanded
16.Support внешним 3G, G-сенсор
17.Language: чешский, датский, голландский, английский, испанский, французский, немецкий, греческий, итальянский, японский, корейский, норвежский, польский, португальский, русский, шведский, турецкий, китайский
18.Colors: серебристый, белый
19.Size: 269,91 * 170,45 * 14.89mm
20.Weight: 1.6кг

41 - 56 of 56 Posts