Android Tablets Forum banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
We need more powerful ARM chips to fully enjoy 3D retina gaming. =)
Which is the reason the Exynos 5250 holds such promise. Right now, the SoC used in China tabs with the fastest GPU is the Allwinner A31 with PowerVR SGX544 MP2. Even then, it's still considerably slower than the GPU on the iPad 3 (believe it's closer to iPad 2 than to iPad 3) and is unfortunately plagued by low CPU and memory performance. If the GPU on the iPad 3 is already unable to handle demanding 3D games at full 2048*1536 resolution, what more for the A31?

·
FW Developer
710 Posts
May i ask you Lambstone what's the source of your firmware? Pipo has not yet released on their site a rom with SDK 2.0 (for the wi-fi only model), so the firmware that you used is a test version? I saw that there are quite a few firmwares on that site during the last days. Are they provided by Pipo for testing?
Sorry for the late replies.

Yes. It's not yet the final release. It's a test build with little to no bugs. Pipo are delaying official release of SDK2.0 as they are currently incorporating multi window features.

·
Registered
184 Posts
News from Chinese tablet manufacturers on this chip is real slow.
I mean, there were quite a few Exynos 4412 tablets, but is really everyone now jumping the Rockchip bandwagon?
If they are and have put plans for the 5250 on hold, maybe they'll ditch it alltogether and already think about the 5420: http://www.1pad.cn/2013/0728/10965.html .

·
Registered
211 Posts
News from Chinese tablet manufacturers on this chip is real slow.
I mean, there were quite a few Exynos 4412 tablets, but is really everyone now jumping the Rockchip bandwagon?
If they are and have put plans for the 5250 on hold, maybe they'll ditch it alltogether and already think about the 5420: http://www.1pad.cn/2013/0728/10965.html .
I agree that the 5250 has been strangely silent. Maybe that will change when that Freelander tablet ships! supposed to be tomorrow! HAHA

the 5420 does seems to blow away the 5250:
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-Exynos-5420-vs-5250-Nexus-10-loses-miserably_id45723

but I suspect it will be put in high end tablets. hopefully that will mean they "abandon" the 5250 to lower priced tablets. That's fine with me, seems like it would be plenty powerful enough to do the things I do with a tablet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Forget about these tablets, who knows what problems they have to keep postponing release. And there is no guarantee they will work properly when/if they come out. They where supposed to launch May 31st.
At least the Voyo A15 is out for over a month now, and with new firmware releases is getting better. I know I'm glad I am not still waiting for the Freelander.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Exynos lovers

As of a few days ago the first SDK2 rom came out. This tablet is now AWESOME. IT is super smooth fully project buttered android 4.2.2 (even in retina display 2048 x 1600 etc), everything works perfectly, ie bluetooth, wifi... the best
Can any Chinese tablet with a RK3188 chip be upgraded to this SDK 2.0 rom? Or how would I know which Chinese brands support firmware upgrades?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Exynos lovers

About 2 weeks ago I cancelled my freelander PD800HD order with Geekbuying. THey are full of crap with there eta dates.. original saying 05-31, now saying 07-31.

The whole time I have had a cube u9gtv (RK3188). I hated this tablet at first it was laggy as hell. (that was the only problem though, but its a big one for a retina tab).

As of a few days ago the first SDK2 rom came out. This tablet is now AWESOME. IT is super smooth fully project buttered android 4.2.2 (even in retina display 2048 x 1600 etc), everything works perfectly, ie bluetooth, wifi... the best androdi tab I have ever tested by a long shot.

It now has a SD mode ( 1200x1600) - but to be honest, the speed difference is not noticeable as HD now works so smooth.

Responsive wise it feels very close if not identical to IPAD 4 in graphics, browsing and most other tasks. All input lag and complaints from previous 4.1 roms gone.

The Massive draw card of this tablet is 10hrs of screen on time, with pretty much perfect firmware.

The only downside is 3D games... now its not exactly a slouch, but its obviously not going to keep up with exynos 5250.

In Heaven benchmark it gets 32.5fps average, which is not bad for a retina, but this is the shortcoming of the mali mp400.

For someone who is not really into 3D games (not on an android anyway), give me dirt 4 on a high end pc with Stereo 3D display different story), but I mainly use the tablet as a web browser,
(image viewer / media player and general business tool, and for that it rocks.

probably stay away if you are a mad gamer.. apart from that , IMO best tablet on the market in the price band.

FYI, If PD800HD or similar comes out with 8hrs screen on time or similar and good firmware, I'd probably make the switch.. but for now that's just a gamble..

I
Has the issue where you can't charge via USB been resolved?

·
Registered
4 Posts
The new Ramos X1 should be fantastic.

iFive and Bean are new to me. Have not seen much on those.

I contacted Ramos directly about availability of the X1 yesterday (13 August 2013) - the email I got indicated they had didn't have a release date....

·
Registered
211 Posts
geekbuying still has the PD800HD as pre-sell date 8/31...

but price got jacked to $386

definitely not interested at that price. maybe they jacked the price just to stop people from trying to pre-order it since it will likely never get made

·
Registered
31 Posts
The price on the Freelander is too high you are right for 300 €...
Nexus 10 is now prized around 380 € with full 2 years guarantee inclusive shipping.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I believe its not happening. the Freelander presell date on geekbuying has not too surprisingly been moved to end of September. Its always a month away! But price is jacked to $385 which nobody will pay. I wish they'd just remove it from their site, it isn't going to get made.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts