Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
I am looking for these to pop up in the 7.9-9.4 screen size. Not a necessity but a want.
I think the only thing we are going to see for a spell in a 9.4" is the Ramos W42 and the two variances of Pipo M8. I wish some others like Onda or SmartQ would make this size, but I doubt it ..from what I see.

I bought the Ramos, got a bad one ...but it worked for spell, and it is one nice size ...a perfect compromise. Bigger than a 7 or 8" but not as large as a 9.7", and definitely less mass than a 10.1".

I wish you well.

·
Registered
157 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Are the China tablet makers moving towards 7" or 8" tablets with retina display soon? My current Yuandao N70HD still encounter bouts of lag when during my daily usage with its 1GB RAM. Hoping to see a generation that will perform on par to the big boys.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I've pre-ordered one of the 5250's from Geekbuying.. lets see if they hold true to the expected date of 5/31...

FYI - I have a RK3188 retina. Absolute rubbish imo.. massive disappointment. Have had a A31 retina (nextway f9x.).. was much better but still laggy.. but nothing like the RK3188.

Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I've pre-ordered one of the 5250's from Geekbuying.. lets see if they hold true to the expected date of 5/31...

FYI - I have a RK3188 retina. Absolute rubbish imo.. massive disappointment. Have had a A31 retina (nextway f9x.).. was much better but still laggy.. but nothing like the RK3188.

Fingers crossed.
which 5250 did you order? I'm seriously considering the Freelander. I would love to know what you think think of whichever 5250 you receive.

also, which 3188 retina tablet did you have that was so disappointing? I'm looking at some of those as well, though I am kinda leaning towards non-retina displays for now

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have ordred the Freelander PD800HD from Geekbuying..

Geekbuying and Tmall are reporting it will be available on 30/5.. I have ordered it with DHL.. I will be sure to let you know as soon as it arrives.

ITs a retina tablet.. with bluetooth, 16gb.. the only bit that looks a bit dicey is on the chinese tmall site it shows 4000mah battery .. but I am pretty sure this is a translation error as geekbuying claims 5-10hours battery, so I am assuming it has 8000mah.

Either way the mail T604 is much faster in graphics.. (nexus 10 is smooth as, and it has a resolution of 2560x1600 ).. whereas this has 2048 x 1536.. so at roughly 25% less pixels than the nexus 10.. it should be really zippy at moving around graphics.. at least for anything 2D..

For me the only thing you notice on a tablet is now smooth graphics are( I dont play games on tablets)... so laggy ui / browser is a killer for me.. but high Res (retina etc) is a must..

RK3188 might improve a little with new firmware.. but I think it will be marginal.. If you dont mind a bit of lag.. RK3188 has Epic battery life.... but it IMO just doesnt have the graphical power for retina..

will be sure to update when I know the tablet is on the way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Right now I'm thinking of getting Pipo M8 Pro but the same trader is carrying this Voyo A15 cost about $35 more. (http://droidchina.com/forum/Thread-Voyo-A15-Android-tablet-with-Samsung-Exynos-chipset)
Specs are:
Exynos 5250 2.0Ghz
Mali-T604
2GB RAM
16GB HDD
IPS Panel + Full HD 11.6 inch 1920 * 1080 (I reckon the screen that processor and gpu gonna be like lightning fast for this resolution)
11k mAH!!!

Spec wise look a lot more promising than Pipo M8 Pro but I've never heard of this Voyo before. Gonna be my 1st personal tablet, gonna use it for movies, surfing and gaming. Only downside is it's a bit too big. Not sure if I'd take the leap and grap this Voyo A15. Waiting for your Exynos 5250 review here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Right now I'm thinking of getting Pipo M8 Pro but the same trader is carrying this Voyo A15 cost about $35 more. (http://droidchina.com/forum/Thread-Voyo-A15-Android-tablet-with-Samsung-Exynos-chipset)
Specs are:
Exynos 5250 2.0Ghz
Mali-T604
2GB RAM
16GB HDD
IPS Panel + Full HD 11.6 inch 1920 * 1080 (I reckon the screen that processor and gpu gonna be like lightning fast for this resolution)
11k mAH!!!

Spec wise look a lot more promising than Pipo M8 Pro but I've never heard of this Voyo before. Gonna be my 1st personal tablet, gonna use it for movies, surfing and gaming. Only downside is it's a bit too big. Not sure if I'd take the leap and grap this Voyo A15. Waiting for your Exynos 5250 review here.
This is the only place I've found so far selling the Voyo: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Best-selling-VOYO-A15-Android-4-2-Dual-Core-Exynos5250-Tablet-PC-11-6-inches-IPS/946475440.html

Anyone else find it cheaper?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have ordred the Freelander PD800HD from Geekbuying..

Geekbuying and Tmall are reporting it will be available on 30/5.. I have ordered it with DHL.. I will be sure to let you know as soon as it arrives.

ITs a retina tablet.. with bluetooth, 16gb.. the only bit that looks a bit dicey is on the chinese tmall site it shows 4000mah battery .. but I am pretty sure this is a translation error as geekbuying claims 5-10hours battery, so I am assuming it has 8000mah.

Either way the mail T604 is much faster in graphics.. (nexus 10 is smooth as, and it has a resolution of 2560x1600 ).. whereas this has 2048 x 1536.. so at roughly 25% less pixels than the nexus 10.. it should be really zippy at moving around graphics.. at least for anything 2D..

For me the only thing you notice on a tablet is now smooth graphics are( I dont play games on tablets)... so laggy ui / browser is a killer for me.. but high Res (retina etc) is a must..

RK3188 might improve a little with new firmware.. but I think it will be marginal.. If you dont mind a bit of lag.. RK3188 has Epic battery life.... but it IMO just doesnt have the graphical power for retina..

will be sure to update when I know the tablet is on the way.
any update on your shipment?
This tablet is high on my consideration list. Very curious if the rk3188 can handle the resolution. from other posts, i suspect it will struggle unless Freelander has better firmware

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
The Voyo A15 looks very nice and great specs too. The 11.6" display & large battery means way less portable and more heavy. 700g of weight. 485-525g for 9.4" & 412 g for 8". I would say going past 550-575g for tablet is just getting too heavy. Users' hands will get tired from holding it up for very long. Though getting any tablet with a 5250 chip is very tempting.

For me, 8" or 9.4" would have made this the perfect tablet to get. 8-9.5" is perfect size for me. Tablets should stay at 10.1" or under. Bigger is not better for tablets! Too bad they avoided going with 9.4". Would have sold like crazy with that size. 9.7" & 10.1" would have been OK and acceptable sizes too.

Very few Chinese tablet makers went with the 4412 chip. I was hoping to buy a 4412 8" w/bluetooth but saw nothing available. I hope more tablet makers adopt 5250. I think they will since nothing from Chinese chip makers to compete with the 5250.

Also, have to watch out for high pricing. Nexus10 sells for $410 in Canada. ($446 total). I would rather buy that instead of some Chinese tablet that is priced at $275 or more. $250 or less is good price point. $275-300 is getting on the high side for price. More than $275-300 and people should consider not buying Chinese tablet. Have to also pay $35-40 in shipping too. You get somewhat lower quality & worse firmware support when going with Chinese tablet compared to name brand. In addition, it is a real hassle to deal with return if China tablet breaks. It can be as high as 15-35% returns on bad quality tablets. Chinese tablets can also have other issues, like HDMI, sound, battery, dead pixels, not fitting tightly (gap), etc.

PS,
For size, I really like 8-9.5". I would love to see way more tablet choices for that size range.

PPS,
I hope Voyo comes out with a smaller sized tablet with 5250 + bluetooth.

Edit1: cleaned up my post

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any idea if there is a keyboard dock available to fit with China tablets like the Voyo A15?

Like an Asus Transformer Pad Infinity for the poor.

·
Registered
184 Posts
11.6" would be a too big of a device for me.

And I don't like 4:3 AR 9.7" tablets.

But something like the SmartQ T40 ( as seen on ) would be kinda nice I guess:

I'd love to see some 9.4" or 8.9" devices with this SoC though.
For me 7" doesn't really cut it in comparison with a smartphone these days and 10.1" is too chunky.

·
Registered
188 Posts
any update on your shipment?
This tablet is high on my consideration list. Very curious if the rk3188 can handle the resolution. from other posts, i suspect it will struggle unless Freelander has better firmware
No.. geekbuying just keep pushing out the eta.. Meant to be shipping today.. but I have money that it wont and I will open a paypal dispute within a week if it doesn't.. (they originall said it would ship on 1/6.

I have come to like the cube u9gtv (RK3188) a little more. It has a laggy ui, but it's much faster in portrait than landscape.. (across the board in near all apps)..
Love the build quality, battery gets 10Hours of screen on time (which IMO is epic).. perfect wifi/bluetooth etc the only thing is its laggy ui.. I have tried every rom..
So its a perfect ebook reader... but maybe not much good for games or things that need really snappy ui.. - but the best option thus far for retina android.

·
Registered
211 Posts
No.. geekbuying just keep pushing out the eta.. Meant to be shipping today.. but I have money that it wont and I will open a paypal dispute within a week if it doesn't.. (they originall said it would ship on 1/6.

I have come to like the cube u9gtv (RK3188) a little more. It has a laggy ui, but it's much faster in portrait than landscape.. (across the board in near all apps)..
Love the build quality, battery gets 10Hours of screen on time (which IMO is epic).. perfect wifi/bluetooth etc the only thing is its laggy ui.. I have tried every rom..
So its a perfect ebook reader... but maybe not much good for games or things that need really snappy ui.. - but the best option thus far for retina android.
Thanks for the update. I had noticed the changing dates on availability as well. Hopefully they surprise you and ship it tomorrow.

·
Registered
184 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi guys 2 Hours ago i ordered the Voyo A15 with the original case from Spemall.com. It will be shipped via DHL (3-6 days) to Slovakia so maybe next week I give you a review.

·
Registered
211 Posts

damn, see that geekbuying has moved the presell date back to 6/30/13 now.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I think the tablets will be availlable shortly after appearing on their respective official sites.
So keep an eye out on http://www.ramos.com.cn for the Ramos X1, for the Freelander PD800HD: http://www.link-create.com.cn .
For the SmartQ aka Smart Devices tablets, check: http://www.smartdevices.com.cn .

For the time the only manufacturer to list their Exynos 5250 tablet is Voyo I believe: http://www.myvoyo.com/chanpin/pingban/2013/56.shtml .
I think that's the best availlable one at present. But I'm sure the other ones will soon follow.
Anyways, since Voyo has an official link online and sells them in their official store, I thought the A15 deserved its own topic:
http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/78881-voyo-a15/

21 - 40 of 74 Posts