Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Boot time is about 1 minute(Big Improvement)New Apps are 3G settings, Ethernet, Adsl SettingsWallpaper-1 new wallpaper its the iPad with a longer Dock!Camera App WORKS and Camcorder Apps added and working a little hangWiFI does drop and the only way back is to turn off/onYOUTUBE! no longer low res its Normal/Higher (BIG Improvement)Back case does get hot and Screen is more responsive!Overall very good!Check out my Youtube mini review with the M002 Camera/Camcorder in actionYoutube.com/iph0ne27

·
Registered
291 Posts
I haven't tested wifi at all on mine because I have it removed right now (Need to repin the connector), but otherwise pretty solid so far. For the hot back you might try changing the TxPower for the driver. This may also help with your other wifi issue. I am glad to see camera/camcorder apps installed and working, but FxCamera no longer works for me. I will have to test some more camera apps. Before flashing I set mine up so it will flash root. I will upload the rooted version of the firmware when I have some time tonight if no one beats me to it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote name='mammlouk;47773]I haven't tested wifi at all on mine because I have it removed right now (Need to repin the connector)' date=' but otherwise pretty solid so far. For the hot back you might try changing the TxPower for the driver. This may also help with your other wifi issue. I am glad to see camera/camcorder apps installed and working, but FxCamera no longer works for me. I will have to test some more camera apps. Before flashing I set mine up so it will flash root. I will upload the rooted version of the firmware when I have some time tonight if no one beats me to it.[/QUOTE'] How to adjust tx power?

·
Registered
7 Posts
[quote name='i3G;47189]Boot time is about 1 minute(Big Improvement)New Apps are 3G settings' date=' Ethernet, Adsl SettingsWallpaper-1 new wallpaper its the iPad with a longer Dock!Camera App WORKS and Camcorder Apps added and working a little hangWiFI does drop and the only way back is to turn off/onYOUTUBE! no longer low res its Normal/Higher (BIG Improvement)Back case does get hot and Screen is more responsive!Overall very good!Check out my Youtube mini review with the M002 Camera/Camcorder in actionYoutube.com/iph0ne27[/QUOTE'] Hi,would love to try it but when I go to the eken site and download the 1.9.1 file it takes sevral hours and then the file is always corrupted. I've tried from several computers and locations. It really is at their end. Anyone here have the file or another link to download the 1.9.1 from?

·
Registered
291 Posts
I didn't put it in there. The only changes I made were rooting it and adding the superuser app (required for root) and better terminal which is my preferred app to use to quickly open a terminal, type su and verify that the root is correctly installed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This firmware is again available at the Eken Group website.... BUT...it doesn't boot if you put it on a SD card, i did some tweaking and it works now. So if you download it from Eken, it won't work straight. I took the boot files from the M002 2.0 PLUS ROM and swapped them with the ones from Eken. At least it worked then. Finished now, will have a look if all went well.....

·
Registered
49 Posts
How is battery time with wifi when browsing Internet?Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
I get about 3 hours with web browsing, and app downloading. It idled 2/3 of the time though, so I don't really know how much you would get if you browsed until 0% battery. The wifi-module have a pretty bad antenna though, I'm about 4 meters from the access point and I get 2-3 bars so obviously the battery time will suffer(it probably increases power to get a better coverage).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.