Android Tablets Forum banner
61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
since 1.5 is gone, i tried 1.7 with no luck.
1st gen device here with stock 1119

i tried 1.0.3 and that made camera work but now i get storage errors. camera tells me i no external storage available.
file explores recongize it but going to storage in settings fc's.
Also cant mount using usb cable.
If you are getting fc's in the storage settings, you need to flash the internal memory format zip from the CM10 thread. There is also a section about that problem in my guide.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you are getting fc's in the storage settings, you need to flash the internal memory format zip from the CM10 thread. There is also a section about that problem in my guide.
I did, didnt work. Thanks though
Since cm10 is deoxded im going to try starting from scratch and deoxing first then run the patches

·
Registered
134 Posts
So basically what's the main differences between 1109 and 1119 roms? Is it 1109 for batch one and 1119 for batch 2???

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
They are both batch 2 as far as I know. It appears that the 120908 and 121008 serial number dates are batch 1 and 121108 or higher (if there are new runs) would be batch 2, provided they don't change anything again. See RCA's Compatibility Thread.

·
Registered
21 Posts
They are both batch 2 as far as I know. It appears that the 120908 and 121008 serial number dates are batch 1 and 121108 or higher (if there are new runs) would be batch 2, provided they don't change anything again. See RCA's Compatibility Thread.
So there hasnt been a change log right?
Im going to see if I can mix and match roms to make sure camera and storage are working.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So there hasnt been a change log right?
Im going to see if I can mix and match roms to make sure camera and storage are working.
Alright I made my own patch. Works.
Gen 1 tablet using 1119 stock rom camera and storage working. But wifi still stuck on.."turning on" any suggestions

·
Registered
21 Posts
@Postjohnpaulbear

then release your 1119 patch
Im trying. Idk if Soulgem or Jasper will be continued. Those are based on 0928 roms. Other than TabletUI, I havent found a changelog for 1119.
Im trying to get things working to release a 1119 rom. But dont want to start uploading no working zips.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well they took care of the dirty work for me with the Tablet_UI. I'll put together a SoulGem based on the latest update by the weekend.

New kernel could mean new drivers maybe or CPU setting patches.
I dont know why is Tablet UI such a unique thing.. I will give a tip.. Change LCD density to 130 and enjoy Tablet UI on any Crystal firmware...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Here is another "sort of" stock firmware for Crystal. Differs in size and file creation date from 1119 and also includes patch-ac3-dts.zip and some bonus datasheets (processor, wifi, pcb layout and schematics). It is shipped with re-branded batch 3 (as i have figured from the kernel version) units.
http://ergo-ua.com/img/products/1719938/1440192.rar .
By the way, it has root access out of the box.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I dont know why is Tablet UI such a unique thing.. I will give a tip.. Change LCD density to 130 and enjoy Tablet UI on any Crystal firmware...

Because everything is really small at 130 dpi and some apps won't work.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Because everything is really small at 130 dpi and some apps won't work.
Don't know for crystal so fare, but for my other tablets works best 120dpi(smallest) or 160dpi(best compatibillity) for easy use. Somestime 140dpi works not bad, too.
JDfense

61 - 80 of 83 Posts