Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Be careful, the new Z102 upgrade use 5V charger now. not 9V like before.

I did not checked and I charged my new unit with my old Z102 charger, realizing after that they have different voltage...
Hmmm. The Zenithink Upgrade models use AML8726-M3 chip. Seems Amlogic changed these chips to work @ lower voltage. The M1 were 7.4V. The M3 appear to be 3.7V. Must now support mobile RAM instead of standard RAM chips. ie, lower voltage RAM chips.

That means the 8726-MX could be 3.7V too which would be very good for battery life. Will know for sure once tablets get released with this chip. Then can check plug adapter to see if battery is running 3.7 or 7.4V.

I did quick search to verify that this info is right. Ramos W6HD uses 8726-M3 chip too.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Android-tablet-replacement-supply-adaptor/dp/B007FI05DW
http://www.pandawill.com/ramos-w6hd-tablet-pc-android-40-7-inch-hd-screen-cortex-a9-8gb-hdmi-dual-camera-p55876.html (notice battery is 3.7V)

Battery life should be better with the Upgrade models. Do you notice this? Or is it the same?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Another thing i have noted, they have put smaller battery inside the tablet, half the size of what it was before. Before it had 2 x 7.2V 3500mah battery in parallel to get 7000mah.
No, before it was 2 X 3500mAh(3.7V) = 3500mAh @ 7.4V, ie connected in series.

With 1 battery, it likely is 3500mAh @ 3.7V.

Stored Energy = Wh (watt hours) = [email protected] = [email protected] = 25.9

The AML8726-M1 runs @ 7.4V and probably uses standard RAM chips. For that reason, it would have used more power over time.

The AML8726-M3 runs @ 3.7V and must use mobile RAM. For that reason, it will run about 2 hours longer on the same battery size as the M1. So, Zenithink probably decided to cut their cost down by using single battery only.

So, by going to 1 X [email protected], Zenithink halved the battery's stored energy but since chip now runs @ 3.7V it gained about 2 hours extra battery time.

ie, if battery time with original was 5 hours you would now get 5/2 + 2 = 2.5 + 2 = 4.5 hours of use.,etc. ie, So, battery life is lost by going to single battery. 2 X 3500mAh batteries in parallel would have made the Upgrade tablet run for about 10 hours.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.