Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my iRobot from Merimobiles and it will not turn on even when plugged in. The little red light will not indicate that it is charging, it only blinks when I slowly insert the connector to the device. I hope that it is a bad charges and not a bad device I have contacted their support via e-mail and at the moment am waiting for a reply.Man this sucks!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
The blinking might indicate a problem in the charger socket. It's quite fragile and others reported problems there too, all be it after some usage, not a brand new device.Try to jiggle it very carefully or insert it slowly to get the red light to stay on. Changes are it will then charge and might even be able to turn on after a while.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After 2wks. of waiting, I will end up sending it back for a new unit. Mean while I am stuck paying the extra $$$ to send it to Canada. Very dissapointed

·
Registered
150 Posts
[quote name='manfly9884;15218]After 2wks. of waiting' date=' I will end up sending it back for a new unit. Mean while I am stuck paying the extra $$$ to send it to Canada. Very dissapointed[/QUOTE'] Your definition of 2 weeks seems a little off. Wait. Way off.

·
Registered
33 Posts
take it connect to the charger,and then open it to see if ok.sometimes may no battery,then cause this problem.if still not,can flash the apad yourself with sd card.send back??freight is too much.not worth it.if at last can not settle,the only is to send back.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
synonymous;15256 said:
Your definition of 2 weeks seems a little off. Wait. Way off.
Well it was 12 days exactly. Do not get me wrong. I am not complaining about shipping delays. on the contrary, I think shipping was fast along with excellent communication. I am only saying that it was a bummer to have device that I could not use after the wait.Still after e-mailing Phil, I shipped the APAD back and was assured that it would be fixed or a new one shipped at their expense, also I would be credited for the shipping charges getting the APAD to them. All and all, I am happy so far with the customer service.Will keep you all posted.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[quote name='andyy;15708]take it connect to the charger' date='and then open it to see if ok.sometimes may no battery,then cause this problem.if still not,can flash the apad yourself with sd card.send back??freight is too much.not worth it.if at last can not settle,the only is to send back.[/QUOTE'] Freight was cheap...$8.50 if I remember correctly. The item was not shipped back to China. It was shipped to Canada to their facility there. This is great since the turn around time will be much less. I think this is a big plus in using Merimobiles and you are in the U.S.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well Phill and I have corresponded about 16 times since opening this thread. As of now, my Pad should of reached him in Canada where they will see whats wrong with the device. Hopefully nothing major. I soon as i know something I will post here. Seems that there are a lot of shady characters selling all sorts of knock offs that I wanted to share my experience in hopes that it will shed some light as to who are the good guys where we can buy without worries. So far at least when it comes to communication, Merimobiles to on top of it's business.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After 27 e-mails, it seems that I had a defective charger. My APad should be on it's way back to me today from Canada. Hopefuly everything will go smoothly after this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.