Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Another firmeware update, but no mention on wifi stability. Plan to update anyways, but the wireless needs stability and I believe it is software related.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just tried this update and it's much better. Video playback is now smooth, no more freezing every few seconds.The pad also feels a lot more responsive. Going to install Market Place as soon as rpm releases an updated script

·
Registered
30 Posts
[quote name='jackhill;47892]Just tried this update and it's much better. Video playback is now smooth' date=' no more freezing every few seconds.The pad also feels a lot more responsive. Going to install Market Place as soon as rpm releases an updated script[/QUOTE'] So you just flashed the system image or you used the rest of the files from the 818 ROM

·
Registered
919 Posts
laziod;47996 said:
Will I have to reinstall Market if I upgrade with new firmware?
Yes you basically doing a fresh install and after you load the firmware you need to reinstall all the software you have previously added on to the device andalso all the customizations of the OS.

·
Registered
19 Posts
They need to add an auto flash feature. This can be done with Android as my Android phone gets updated by T-mobile without losing any settings. At least allow update from a known server which could be your local pc.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I find this update is shows slightly better benchmarks then 0818 and is slightly faster, but I also find it more unstable with apps. Sometimes they do not want to start and I get more crashes out to desktop with this update. Question I tried my usb bluetooth stick in the full size usb port but it did not pick up the bluetooth device, am I supposed to use one of the other ports, also I have found out with my zt180 when I insert a thumb drive in the full size usb port with files on it the tablet tells me that I have inserted a blank udisk and does not show any of the files on the device.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Quick answers to questions1 - Does it have market? - No2 - Will it keep my apps? - No, back up your apps before reflashing3 - Does it allow ad-hoc wifi - No4 - Does it fix wallpaper scaling - No5 - Should I put my Bluetooth dongle in the OTG USB port - Doesn't matter, there's no bluetooth support yet, but it should go in the full size usb portProsMuch better video playbackFlash (at least .flv file) playback capability3G EVDO support Slightly better overall responsivenessNotepad & iis backConsWifi is still flakyNo Market (No surprise really, I doubt if they'll ever include it)Still no in-app volume control optionsSome apps are less stable.I 'think' that ADB via USB has been switched off again, but I only tried it once and really didin't try to get it working properly.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.