Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started looking around at android tablets and have noticed that there is basically 1st gen ~500mhz stuff which runs 1.5 and 1.6 and a new 2nd gen 1ghz set of tablets that are getting 2.x.I am personally looking for a larger screened device 8"+ and it seems like the only stuff out there is the eken 003 which is "1st gen" and then this new range of 1ghz devices.The info on the 10" screen range devices is really vague and murky. From what I can gather, all the zt-180's had bogus CPU's in them. Can any one supply some clear info on who makes what, and what is "reputable" device and or source?Thanks a lot. (im also in irc as lirakis for quick reply/conversation)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Not 2 sure on 8 inch ones.But i still recommend the zt 180 tablets. There glitchy and quirky because yes the zenithink zt 180 was advertised and sold wrongly. It was saif to be a cortex a8 when its actually an arm 11 processor. Dosent mean its not good but its not what they potrayed it as. new firmware has come out to make it more stable and more will come. And hopefully it will be all nice and polished soon.It all depends on yur price range what your gonna get.apad ( 7" some are clones of the apad, they run the via processor, which is sloooooow, runs 1,5 android)Apad ( 7" cheaper ones, run rockchip processors, runs 1.5, runns pretty well )apad ( 7" newer ones with telechip processor, runs android 2.1, more memory, pretty decent )They you have the good ones, not to say the ones above arent good, different brands.wits a81e (7" 256mb memory, running 2.1, and as of now 2.2 , first tablet to do that, removable battery and lots of features )Augen tablet ( seems pretty good, once again 7 inch , running 2.1 more memory , similar to the wits. )And bigger tablets:Zenithink tablet ( this one has a few names, the flatpad,zenpad4,orphan m16, zt180)It has the following, 10.2 inch screen android 2.1, hopefully 2.2 soon, wifi, 256mb ram, 1ghz processor (although thought to be an overclocked 800mhz, either way still good)Think the enzo zenpad4 is the cheapest. There are the same tablet tho.From what information i have gathered over the last few weeks this is my understanding of them going through this forum.A note, the 7 inch rockchips also had another version. People clones em just like the ones with via chips, but they did run rockchips, but the charge light was blue, making it non flashable, or rather restricted to which custom roms you can put on it

1 - 2 of 2 Posts