Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Hopefully someone can help me, I'm trying to track down anyone who sells the 30pin to USB/RJ45 external adaptor for the M002 device. I've seen quite a few people bundling it with M002 devices, but as I've already gotten the device I just want the external connector. You can see the device I mean here Sunsky - M002 with Lan Port, 7 Inch ePad Android OS 1.72 Version tablet PC Netbook UMPC, 1.3M webcam, Support WIFI, RJ45/2 USB port adapter, CPU: ARM 9 platfrom, VIA WM8505, 300MHz It's the middle picture at the top of the display. I've looked on ebay, google, etc. and I cannot see them seperately anywhere. So if anyone has one that isnt using it, or knows of anyone selling them, I would appreciate it.RegardsNeil

·
Registered
10 Posts
Me too, looking for that. Waiting for the info...

·
Registered
314 Posts
[quote name='rwx;74878]I assume you are trying to connect to an ethernet cable... You can get a female USB to ethernet adapter on eBay. Don't know if it works' date=' but I ordered one to try out.[/QUOTE'] Please let us know if it works.

·
Registered
10 Posts
yomike;76411 said:
External Network Cable and U Disk For Epad ep07Looks like what we might all be after.
Oh yeah, going to get it.Just hope it fit the need and will do the magic.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I hope you have some success - but you might want to look through the forum some more. It seems that the M002 cannot manage USB Host mode and can only act as a USB ?slave?, i.e. a PC can see it as a memory device, but the M002 cannot access any external USB devices.I would love to be proved wrong, since then I could use an external keyboard with the M002 - but apparently the M002 has the internal camera connected to the USB host (?), so it isn't available otherwise.Best of luck Andy

·
Registered
36 Posts
[quote name='ssstratton;78044]I hope you have some success - but you might want to look through the forum some more. It seems that the M002 cannot manage USB Host mode and can only act as a USB ?slave?' date=' i.e. a PC can see it as a memory device, but the M002 cannot access any external USB devices.I would love to be proved wrong, since then I could use an external keyboard with the M002 - but apparently the M002 has the internal camera connected to the USB host (?), so it isn't available otherwise.Best of luck Andy[/QUOTE'] I have indicated that I believe this is the case on some other posts, as a result of attempting to get the modified 30 pin to USB cable (as in M001 forum) working on the M002, with no success.When I had the M002 open, I had a bit of a look around and decided that the USB host port (as accessed on the M001) was probably used by the internal camera, which is a USB device.I haven't had this confirmed by anyone yet and have yet to confirm it "electrically" with my device, so more investigation needed. Bit of a bugger really.I did find another "serial" port connection point (+3.3V, TX, RX, GND) on the main PCB (see photo), under the piggyback processor board, which is also worthy of further investigation.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've received and tried that connector, and you know what? It doesn't work! dmesg shows nothing happened when I plugged any usb devices (mouse, keyboard, flashdisk, 3g modem). Means usb host does not have physical connection into this 30 pin port.Well, at least I've tried that so I won't spend the rest of my life wondering this.Just tried that connector on my friend's flytouch thing, and it works. Dmesg reports usb devices I plugged in. So, I gave it to him.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Would this possibly work, just to run the keyboard. i dont need the RJ45 or ethernet, as I am on wi-fi. This is a 30 pin with female adaptor. I assume you plug the 30 pin into the tablet then take the male end of the keyboard and plug it into the female end of the adaptor. Here is the site you can go to buy this

http://www.glblsrc.com/shop/product.php?productid=16259&cat=283&page=1

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks to me.... You can all now buy the adaptor you need.

you can purchase it at www.tabletsandtechnologies.com . Its in the tablet accessories page. I have been working with this company back and forth through email and they agreed to sell that part just for $15.99 by itself. This company is in Florida, but the part comes from China.

·
Registered
87 Posts
SO with this we can connect with a ethernet cable to the internet with a M002 ? Im not interested in USB and I know there is no USB Host but I want to be able to connect to a RJ45 cable in a room in my house where there is no Wifi connection.

Thanks.

[quote author=mckbulldog02 link=topic=5218.msg105512#msg105512 date=1292975789]
Thanks to me.... You can all now buy the adaptor you need.

you can purchase it at www.tabletsandtechnologies.com . Its in the tablet accessories page. I have been working with this company back and forth through email and they agreed to sell that part just for $15.99 by itself. This company is in Florida, but the part comes from China.
[/quote]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do searches on Google for the following buzz workds and you will find the adapters - (links included

Original RJ45 & USB Hub Adapter for EKEN VIA8650 Tablet PC M009S M010S M012S M013S M013F +--- http://www.aixsell.com/catalog/product/view/id/128/s/style-quartz-watch-wristwatch-for-student-p12497/category/137/ this was one that I got..
30 Pin to USB Female Adapter + RJ45 Adapter - http://www.dealvasion.com/eken-series-30-pin-to-usb-female-adapter-rj45-adapter-for-m001-m002-m003-m003t-m005-m006-m007-m008-m009-mid-p-3386.html

30Pin Male to Dual USB + RJ45 Female Adapter - Black

there were many options for finding these adapters, but it was difficult finding the "right" search

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.