Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I am visually impaired and use an android slate. However when I received my latest slate and installed Talkback (Screenreader for android) The firmware kept restarting and playing up. Could someone please identify my slate for me. The seller didn't know much and believes it may have 128MB RAM. It has a camera and a USB ethernet adapter that plugs in the bottom. The screen is 7 inches.It will accept the Eken M001 Firmware but the buttons and touchscreen do not function same with the m002 firmware. It will also accept the M003 firmware with the same problem. I suspect it may be a Gome Flytouch but cannot find the official firmware for this device. If anyone has the original firmware I would be very ratefulThank YouMaria

·
Registered
14 Posts
Bro,Looking at the attached picture, your tablet is MID706 (LY-706) model. At this moment there is no firmware for this tablet except for one which the firmware eats up 60% of memory before running any application. I don't advise you to install the firmware. The problem you described seems like you have enable Google data sync. Once it got enable your tablet will continue to reboot until you switch off your WIFI then your tablet will not reboot again. It's a known problem. You need to disable the Google data sync. I hope this help you.....Good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Sharktail,Do you know where I can find a source for the firmware?Currently has the Eken M001 base rom installed on it. It runs android but the touchscreen and the buttons don't function. Thankyou for your help with identification. Does anyone else know where to find the firmware?Also does anyone know how to get talkback functioning on an android tablet. ThanksMaria

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm also looking for the firmware but is not available @ the moment. I also tried to contact the supplier who supply this tablet but fail to get a copy of the factory firmware. You can try this firmware but the button doesn't function well. The menu and volume button doesn't work. The only button that works is power button and also act as menu button. As I mentions in my previous responce that this firmware eats up 60~70% of memory before launching any apps. Give it a try..... Index of /xaueious/VIAWM8505/Gome%20Flytouch/1.8.2_2010.07.15/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.