Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi community,This week, I recieved a 7 inch tablet that I had ordered off of ebay, I want to make a few changes to it, but I need some help to identify it please. It's an all black device, with some chrome trim. It is (apparently) running Android version 1.7. It has 256Mb of RAM, a RockChip 2808 CPU, 2xUSB, and 1x HDMI out. It has no camera.The only identifying marks on it are on the back, it says: CL-ARMM1aI am about 90% happy with the device, I have downloaded and installed new apps with no issues, however, I cannot seem to remove some apps.The device shipped with a number of games that are in Chinese, and although it says I can remove programs through the normal "control panel", I cannot seem to remove these default games.Has anybody else seen this? I am also curious if Android 2 for tablets is on it's way too.Many thanksAndrew.

·
Registered
104 Posts
hi there, i wasnt aware there was an android 1.7 but any ways the rockchip in your tablet wont be able to run 2.0.They abandoned it for new chipset.

·
Registered
2 Posts
HI AJT67As you can see i have the same model as you...Uou can downloat from android market the program called..Android system info, it will tell you a lots of thing about your tablet.PS: Model : Rockchip..look in the system tab, under, built info. Android version: 1.5

·
Registered
2 Posts
AJT67, I have the same model as mentioned by you. I think the Android is 1.5 and not 1.7. Have you try to connect a 3G dongle to get 3G connection?

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have same model. i also am trying to delete the chinese apps that came with the tablet. best i can do is use the apk program but that only lets me remove apps i downloaded from the market.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Those apps are cooked into the ROM and can not be removed. You will need to flash another ROM on it to get rid of them. Which ROM you could use really depends on the device, I would be very careful flashing anything that is not meant to be flashed on the specific device that you've got. Look at the aPad. The ROMs for the second batch that was manufactured does not work on the first batch, so yes, even with the same supplier and manufacturer you can not be sure that the ROM works unless you get that confirmed by other people who are using the same device.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts