Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
My ePad died on me two weeks ago and now I'm looking for a replacement. I found three similar tablets on dealextreme.com The three links are below...1) DealExtreme: $107.70 7" Touch Screen TFT LCD Google Android 1.6 Tablet PC w/ WiFi/Camera (VIA WM8505 ARM926)2) DealExtreme: $106.87 7" Touch Screen TFT LCD Google Android 1.7 Tablet PC w/ WiFi/Camera - Black (ARM926EJ-S)3) DealExtreme: $104.90 7" Touch Screen TFT LCD Google Android 1.6 Tablet PC w/ WiFi/Camera (VIA WM8505 ARM926)Which one is the better deal? I have until Tuesday to make my choice and there is NO fourth option
The specs seem mostly the same with the exception of the processors but I'm not sure which processor is the best. :/ any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!EDIT:OK There's a fourth option now4) http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.42217

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pdx;50009 said:
u have to get one from dx? bcuz of warranty or?
Its mostly about pricing and free shipping. Besides I havent had an issue with DealExtreme...yet. For the most part the specs for all of these choices look the same with the exception of the processors and color choices. Option 4 is obviously different than the first 3 as it has different inputs but still I'm just confused

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
They all the same 350MHz. The only difference might be color, RAM, Storage NAND, Cam, VIS and the attachment features. Again there is no Android OS of 1.7. That is misleading and don't buy from a vendor that is doing that. These have Android OS v1.6 and Build 1.7.2, 1.7.4, 1.8, 1.8.2, 1.9_88 is current again these a build numbers and the same v1.6.

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
pdx;50038]buy one here. free shipping said:
ePad 7 Touch MID Notebook Android USB Enthernet RJ45 - BuyinCoins.com[/url]
CPU Type: VIA VT8505 ARM926 450MHzOperating System: Google Android 1.7This vendor needs to tell buyers it's Android OS v1.6 Build 1.7CPU is 350MHz for that ARMxxx

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WOW it is a bit cheaper than DealExtreme. It's always good to save a penny. Too bad I cant figure out what's wrong with my Current ePad. I installed the 1.99 update thats been going around, hibernation mode started acting all wonkey and two Saturdays ago both of my chargers died. I make a trip to Radio Shack to buy a comparable replacement charger and that one wouldn't even register with the tablet to give it the red charging light. Oh well. Onward to a new tablet... So is this the lowest we can find (with free shipping) or has anyone had any luck with another place?

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
Just have to make sure of the o)- direction on AC unit. You can buy those online two. Just chop off the female end and connect to the new AC PSU. I had taken at look at mine and it's 9V prior wasn't one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.