Android Tablets Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Novel is rooted but when I do "adb push DroidSans.ttf /system/fonts" I get an error that it failed to copy as it is a read only file system. What else do I need to do to be able to push the desired fonts to the font directory? I would like to do this asap so if a knowledgeable person can tell me what step I am missing I would appreciate it very much.

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
Here is what I did. Ran the root_novel.bat file and then executed an ADB Shell to remount the file system as RW instead of RO. Here is what I did in the shell. The lines with # is my commands. The other lines are responses from the Novel or ADB. After I did this I was able to push over the fonts and now my PDN displays Thai characters.C:Hack-the-Novel1>adb shell# susu# cat /proc/mountscat /proc/mountsrootfs / rootfs ro 0 0tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,mode=755 0 0devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,mode=600 0 0proc /proc proc rw 0 0sysfs /sys sysfs rw 0 0tmpfs /sqlite_stmt_journals tmpfs rw,size=4096k 0 0/dev/block/mtdblock5 /system yaffs2 ro 0 0/dev/block/mtdblock7 /data yaffs2 rw,nosuid,nodev 0 0/dev/block/mtdblock6 /cache yaffs2 rw,nosuid,nodev 0 0# mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /systemmount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system# cat /proc/mountscat /proc/mountsrootfs / rootfs ro 0 0tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,mode=755 0 0devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,mode=600 0 0proc /proc proc rw 0 0sysfs /sys sysfs rw 0 0tmpfs /sqlite_stmt_journals tmpfs rw,size=4096k 0 0/dev/block/mtdblock5 /system yaffs2 rw 0 0/dev/block/mtdblock7 /data yaffs2 rw,nosuid,nodev 0 0/dev/block/mtdblock6 /cache yaffs2 rw,nosuid,nodev 0 0#

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
clockworx;21574 said:
"adb remount" will do the same thing much easier.
Glad someone else said it...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.