Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not able to get to either of the SD memory from the adb shell.Can someone confirm that from the windows version of adb.exe they are unable to ls /PD_Novel OR ls /sdcard. Both of them are visible paths, and i can CD in to them, however there is no contents, other than ls. I suspect this is because they are mounted as USB Mass Storage and thus temporarily unavailable to the Android System on the Novel. I tried ejecting them in Windows with no results. Is there an adb shell command i can execute to remount them on the Android Side?

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
The SD card dismounts from the PDN and remounts as a windows drive when you connect it to the PDN as they have USB automount disabled. Get to the notification bar and pull it down (other threads tell you how to do this) and unmount the sd card as a drive. It should now be available to the shell but no longer a windows drive.

·
Registered
666 Posts
It doesn't work for me. I slide the notifications bar, I see the "Turn off USB Storage" option, I press it, the notification bar slides back. However the drives do not unmount from windows. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did that too, (safely remove devices) still no change. They are unmounted from windows, but they never remount on the novel. Could someone with good linux knowledge give me the command line to remount the device... i.e. command to mount the correct device (sd0?, sd1?) to the correct location /sdcard. I would guess that this is all thats needed to have access to them in ADB shell again.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I'm not sure exactly how android mounts devices. Under linux, everything gets mounted under /mnt/ but the PDN has no /mnt directory.It seems to me, that if your PDN is operating correctly, you should just be able to either power-down or hard-reboot. Once it comes back up, go into linux, hook up your USB cable and just do: ./adb remountThe internal microSD should be mounted as: /PD_NOVEL and the external SD should be mounted as: /sdcardThen if you go into ./adb shell, you should be able to list the contents of either by doing ls /PD_NOVEL or ls /sdcard

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am not using linux, I am using windows. The paths are there but the contents are not. ex:adb shell# lslssqlite_stmt_journalsconfigcachePD_Novelsdcarddetcsystemsyssbinprocinit.smdk6410.rcinit.rcinit.goldfish.rcinitdefault.propdatarootdev# cd PD_Novelcd PD_Novel# lsls#When I do a Directory of my G: drive (which is PD_Novel)C:NovelHack>dir g: Volume in drive G is PD_NOVEL Volume Serial Number is 3766-6362 Directory of g:08/08/2010 10:24 PM .adobe-digital-editions08/08/2010 10:24 PM .Sys08/08/2010 10:24 PM Digital Editions08/13/2010 02:32 AM eBooks08/08/2010 10:24 PM LOST.DIR08/08/2010 10:24 PM Music08/08/2010 10:24 PM Photos08/08/2010 10:24 PM Videos08/08/2010 10:58 PM PDNSetup08/11/2010 12:45 AM 111,455,920 NovelHack.zip 1 File(s) 111,455,920 bytes 9 Dir(s) 2,488,303,616 bytes freeC:NovelHack>exitCan someone duplicate this and confirm my problem is not a fluke?

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
This is how the Novel behaves. When the drives are connected to your computer via USB they are unmounted from the PDN. It even puts up a message on the PDN saying the drives are connected by USB and can no longer be used until you disconnect the USB. You need to figure out how to tell the Novel to remount them for use by the device itself while still being connected to the USB. I just tested it and when the USB is plugged in and you pull down the notification box to select disconnect USB storage it does nothing at all. And in the SD card section of settings there is no setting for this. Obviously this is another feature Pandigital has blocked. They don't want you having access to the SD card while USB is connected. Someone needs to figure out what setting bit can be changed to revert back to normal Android behavior, which is while USB is connected, the SD card is usable by both the computer and the device.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am not expecting to have them mounted by Windows and Novel at same time, I suspect that is not even a safe situation. I would like to be able to unmount them from windows, mount them on the Novel and be able to access them from adb shell.. thus USB connection for Android Debug but not UMS (mass storage).

·
Registered
666 Posts
So i have been doing a little research, and i found the solution.I am experimenting with the following process.Un-mounting (safely remove in windows) the drives. using adb shell remounting the drive on the Novel something similar to"#mount -w -t vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /sdcardthis has allowed me to gain access to the sdcard from adb shell.#mount -w -t vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /PD_Novelshould mount the PD_Novel as well.Something to note the SDCARD is mmcblk0 and the internal SD is mmcblk1, on a hardware level the Novel sees the SDCARD first.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here is some more info i came across, while viewing the /etc/vold.conf## vold configuration file for s3c6410volume_sdcard { media_path /class/mmc_host/mmc0 media_type mmc mount_point /sdcard ums_path devices/platform/s3c6410-usbgadget/gadget/lun0}volume_sdcard1 { media_path /class/mmc_host/mmc1 media_type mmc mount_point /PD_Novel ums_path devices/platform/s3c6410-usbgadget/gadget/lun1}It looks like this is where the Novel mounts the Usb Mass Storage devices.later after sleep and work
i will try tweaking the file to mount other locations, making them accessible from Windows.maybe change: mount_point /sdcardto mount_point /data

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.