Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a verizon usb modem that I plug in for internet acess when I'm traveling.The M001 only has an ipod > usb out and I need some kind of adaptor so I can get a usb in port so I can connect mymodem.Any suggestions as to where and what to purchase?Thanks for responding in advance.

·
Registered
254 Posts
If it has a "iPod" like connector it isn't an aPad. Beides that, no one has to this date been able to successfully use a 3G modem with any of the Chinese tablets afaik. But try the correct forum for perhaps better responses.

·
Registered
137 Posts
well first thing no Chinese tablets have enough power to support 3G adapter have not tried powered Hub "since if you have to connect power to a hub it will not be a tablet but a desktop" but i got M001 finely got CE to work with mouse but as soon as i plug the 3g modem it sucks out enough power to disable mouse tried some tricks got all 3 Wireless, Mouse and 3G to turn on at the same time but CE don't see the modem in android i am stuck as my digitizer broke so can't turn on the wireless and no mouse lol i know i can install 3G driver on linux but problem will come with how to dial to ISP in android as in CE there is a built in network dialer.Well got another tablet coming in today with the adapter that all you guys looking for still don't think it will work but what the hell if not i will be selling that one and just get my self a rock chip tablet and external 3G portable router as its not impossible to get 3G to work but will require a lot of kernal modifications and have to rebuild the install which i suck at and don't have enough time right now

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.