Android Tablets Forum banner

Need a quality replacement charger for the APAD/iRobot

15K views 29 replies 13 participants last post by  tankboyben 
G
#1 ·
Hi! I was just wondering if anyone had a link to a site that sells quality replacement chargers for the Rockchip powered Apad/iRobot? Just purchased one and have heard horror stories about the sub par quality of the included chargers,so I'm doing a the smart thing and just buying a better one before I even get the tablet
Any help would be greatly appreciated,thanks!

See less See more
G
#4 ·
Ok, I looked on ebay(and just about everywhere else....)and couldnt find a charger with those specs.Anyone actually have a link or name of a charger they are using? I really would appreciate the help here

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
G
#6 ·
Thanks! I only have one question, do the chargers for the VIA based epad's work with the Rockchip based APADS? They may be the same rating, but maybe not the same plug size...need some clarification here.

#7 ·
Any good with a soldering iron? I bought one with a connector that was too big and fitted one the right size. It's easy enough to do if you know what you are doing but that kind of work is not for everyone. Maybe you know someone who can do that for you?

G
#8 ·
Unfortunatly,I'm horrible with a soldering iron,lol. I should just(and probably will) buy a universal unit,with many different plug ends,for Radio Shack here in the US.It will cost me more,but in the end its worth it for the waranty and service.

#13 ·
well you will have to build it if its a radio shack you buy the pin then buy the transformer they made it a pain in ass and charging heavy for it also, Finger to Radio Shack as once I was buying some stuff and used my paypal card the guy said paypal and laughed sarcastically now WTF you MF i am paying your salary if i am buying from your store and its my hard earned money from my business ."Just letting the steam out sorry" lol

#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
dirk38;24235]I can said:
Charger For Epad ep07 7.0 inch touch screen camera tablet PC MID[/url]EU model.Charger For APad 7.0 Inch Touch Screen Tablet PCso i ordered one as a spare one, just fore sure.This charger has a 5v output for the red charge led apad,s.I don't know if the blue led apad,s have also a 5v charger, some apads need a 9v one.
Get it already here within 6 days !. never get something so fast with honkong post.the plug fits well on my rockship apad, and it is charging now, seems to work alright.the charger gets warm but not hot. charging time is the same as the stock loader.

G
#17 ·
[quote name='dirk38;30675]Get it already here within 6 days !. never get something so fast with honkong post.it fits well on my rockship apad' date=' and it is charging now, seems to work alright.[/QUOTE'] Define"allright"...does it get hot to the touch, is it charging in the same amount of time as the original?Does the plug fit snugly,or is it loose,like the original? Sorry about the questions,just looking for a QUALITY replacement,not one like the original crappy one
Thanks in advance for the update

#19 ·
ilja;30724 said:
Personally I wouldn't suggest buying anything with too high current. It does charge faster but eventually your battery will worn out faster if you won't fry it before.
Certain types of charger (those advertised as fast chargers) can possibly make a battery fail early but it's not the high current that does it, they use the batteries inbuilt circuitry to force the battery to charge faster. The chargers used for the Apads are not this type.A charger with a higher output rating simply allows the battery to draw more power as it needs to with less chance of the charger being overtaxed, but it's the battery that draws the power not the charger that forces the power into the battery. A higher current rated charger will not make a battery fail any sooner.

#20 ·
[quote name='Steep;31081]Certain types of charger (those advertised as fast chargers) can possibly make a battery fail early but it's not the high current that does it' date=' they use the batteries inbuilt circuitry to force the battery to charge faster. The chargers used for the Apads are not this type.A charger with a higher output rating simply allows the battery to draw more power as it needs to with less chance of the charger being overtaxed, but it's the battery that draws the power not the charger that forces the power into the battery. A higher current rated charger will not make a battery fail any sooner.[/QUOTE']As far as I understand to increase the charging speed higher current should be introduced. Certain battery protection from excessive current often handled by the charged and not the battery circuits. That's the main reason why I object against having high current without solid knowledge of charger and battery protection and stability properties.

#21 ·
Using a Cell Phone chargerI had the same problem with the charger plug that came with the iRobot. It has now failed, so I am using a charger for a Sanyo SCP-3200phone. It is the right voltage, proper size plug, and polarity. Its current rating is lower, 850 milliamp, which means it will take longer to charge. I amlooking for something with at least 2000 milliamp rating, but for now I am getting by with it . If you order the SCP-3200 make sure it has the.75mm pin connector not the special connector for the phone. It comes both ways.Cheers

#24 ·
Buy it and find out, then you can tell everyone else :)It should work but specs I can find list the output voltage as between 4.5 and 9v with a current of 300-800ma for a SCP-3200 charger so ask the seller for an accurate diescription of what that one actually outputs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.