Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Okay just got my R102 about a week ago and have been looking forward to making it work the way I want. I now have updated it to Jgms 4.0 rom and tried to root it using the terminal emulator. This of course didnt work and following the recomendation I used astro to backup the emulator (at least I think I did) and uninstalled it. Tried reinstalling with the file I saved and it failed to install. Now I need the Terminal emulator used in the rom so I can set things up to install to the sd cards I have. I also have noticed the volume button doesnt seem to work anymore??? I am having the Android market issue as well but I can find other ways to get the programs I want if I can get the sd card install working. Thanks for any and all help. Keep in mind I am a noob when it comes to Linux and Android so try to explain in "PC-anese" so us Windows/dos schmucks can understand!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: Well I got another terminal emulator downloaded and managed to root and set my 102 to install apps to the sdcards. So now I have installed Cpu Master Pro to control CPU speed, Nook Reader, JewelMagic (Bejeweled clone) and a puzzel game called Greedy Spiders. All work and are nice to have to pass time. Now..... Angry Birds flat refuses to work and says it is out of memory. Angry birds seasons works sorta but not really as the graphics fail to load completely. I have tried installing Live wallpapers but those dont work as the LiveWallpapersPicker apk in the system files is a empty file as in 0 Kilobytes. I downloaded the proper file but dont seem to be able to replace it. Ideas? By the way the present kernel I am running using Jgms Version 4.0 Rom is restricted to 533mhz and boy does this thing need some more mhz!! I would love to see 650mhz or better to make this reader hum.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Update: Well I got another terminal emulator downloaded and managed to root and set my 102 to install apps to the sdcards. So now I have installed Cpu Master Pro to control CPU speed, Nook Reader, JewelMagic (Bejeweled clone) and a puzzel game called Greedy Spiders. All work and are nice to have to pass time. Now..... Angry Birds flat refuses to work and says it is out of memory. Angry birds seasons works sorta but not really as the graphics fail to load completely. I have tried installing Live wallpapers but those dont work as the LiveWallpapersPicker apk in the system files is a empty file as in 0 Kilobytes. I downloaded the proper file but dont seem to be able to replace it. Ideas? By the way the present kernel I am running using Jgms Version 4.0 Rom is restricted to 533mhz and boy does this thing need some more mhz!! I would love to see 650mhz or better to make this reader hum.
There are jgm roms that will push certain readers to 800 mhz. Look for them on the firmware forum. Be careful some of these readers dont like to be overclocked.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are jgm roms that will push certain readers to 800 mhz. Look for them on the firmware forum. Be careful some of these readers dont like to be overclocked.
Thanks... I noticed those when I downloaded the 4.0. I was really hoping for a more stable build at a slightly lower mhz. On another matter I managed to overwrite the LiveWallpaperspicker apk but the actual livewallpapers.apk was missing too. I downloaded that but it fails to install from the sdcard and I cant seem to cut and paste to the system/app folder with this for some reason. I wish someone with a little more experience would chime in on to how to do this....?? I will of course keep plugin away and see if I can figure it out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think if there were a way to get to about 700 mhz that would be good. I used the 800 mhz version first but noticed it caused alot of crashes And freeze ups. I use jgm 4.0. I have it max 532 mhz and min 133mhz and it runs very stable. Also i dont use apps2sd either. There is a app on market called link2sd. Check it out it does almost the same thing as the app2sd script. It runs more stable.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wonder if you used the 800mhz rom and then Cpu Master Pro to ramp it down to 133-700mhz if it would be more stable? I really would like to see Android 2.3 or higher ported. Run the faster cpu speeds, 2.3 android and you would be sittin pretty. Now if someone will help me get my live wallpapers and Angry Birds running I would live on in true happiness.... Well that and get the other crap that doesnt work running!! LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts