Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recieved my ZT180 android tablet a few days ago, installed 0804 update and have been testing out most of the features. I made a 15 minute video showing video, touch response, gaming and book reading. All in all with what I paid it was well worth it. It came with 1 screen protector and cost me 193(213-20 aliexpress coupon). Only complaint is that I have noticed the viewing angle of the screen is very narrow. You have to be pretty straight on with the screen or else you lose contrast and color. YouTube - My ZT180 and a 15 minute review

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also forgot to mention the videos were in divx. I would have done wifi also but my router on the second floor was off. I will do a wifi video later on

·
Registered
50 Posts
rockwater;37945 said:
Only complaint is that I have noticed the viewing angle of the screen is very narrow. You have to be pretty straight on with the screen or else you lose contrast and color.
I agree with you on this one. It looks good when you hold the device sideways. The last game you played doesn't look real smooth though. But all-in-all it's a really good device for it's price.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is another video of my zt180 tablet. It is upside down, shot it with my iphone was rightside up when I shot it with the phone but for some reason everything else plays it upside downYouTube - My ZT180 review part 2Also with the 0804 update you get SlideMe Market place. I will take another video soon showing marketplace and some more functionality

·
Registered
25 Posts
rockwater;37949 said:
Also forgot to mention the videos were in divx. I would have done wifi also but my router on the second floor was off. I will do a wifi video later on
I see your using realplayer to play divx. I have the same MID Orphan M16 version, running the 0809 ROM and I can't play divx video with realplayer or anything else. Any ideas?Great video showing the emulators, think that will be my next task,may need help with that to. After all I am a newb, this is my first Tablet. You've really uplifted my spirits regarding this MID with that video.Great Job.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I never tried the 0809 rom, I read in a lot of posts it was less stable the 0804 and that some things were removed that should not have been. I do find a lot of apps that work on 1.5 are not working yet on this build of android. I would update back to 0804 and try running some divx again. So far the only problems I have had video wise were wmv, it was touch and go with wmv, some would play and others would not. The emulators are easy enough, just install them, run them, go into the settings and turn on the virtual keypad. The emulators also respond to the accelerometer and will the screen will rotate and adjust accordingly when using the emulator. The tablet has lots of potential just the OS needs a lot of polishing. I too am a rookie at this. I have one other tablet a m70003 which is equivalent to the m001 which equals crap. I used Forums like this one to do as much research as I could to make them usable. I use torrents like Isohunt to search for apks. Currently I have over 3000 apks, Ive tested some of them, but it is trial and error to find ones that will work on the tablet.

·
Registered
72 Posts
how do you check to see what firmware. i know settings>about but where. my build numbers says 708 but i flashed 804 and nothing happened. maybe i did something wrong??

·
Registered
150 Posts
ayman07;39027 said:
how do you check to see what firmware. i know settings>about but where. my build numbers says 708 but i flashed 804 and nothing happened. maybe i did something wrong??
You did something wrong when flashing. It should say 804 instead of 708 if you flashed it properly.I made several attempts to flash my unit before doing it properly. Make sure you follow the instructions, and also, the program say "UpdatePipeState: 0x600000f 6" when it is done.

·
Registered
72 Posts
[quote name='synonymous;39121]You did something wrong when flashing. It should say 804 instead of 708 if you flashed it properly.I made several attempts to flash my unit before doing it properly. Make sure you follow the instructions' date=' and also, the program say "UpdatePipeState: 0x600000f 6" when it is done.[/QUOTE']i just flashed it with 0809 and now it shows up as 803. is that normal?

·
Registered
131 Posts
[quote name='NightLite;48708]Hi' date=' can you try aldiko and acv (comic viewer) for me ? would like to know whether they work?[/QUOTE']Yes Aldiko and ACV both work fine I use both of them regularly.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Does anyone else have a cheaply made black border on their pads? If I hold my pad at an angle I can see the rectangular glass of the screen and small little air bubbles pushing out of the black border. Looks like my screen is held in place with black tape instead of a plastic border.Maybe mine was one of the first and they've improved the design since then?Thanks

·
Registered
131 Posts
[quote name='keidderf;51504]Hi Rockwater' date='Can your ZT180 tablet download apps from Android Market?Best,Joseph[/QUOTE'] Check the thread called getting market to work, most of us have market working now on our zt-180

·
Registered
264 Posts
jackhill;48995 said:
Does anyone else have a cheaply made black border on their pads? If I hold my pad at an angle I can see the rectangular glass of the screen and small little air bubbles pushing out of the black border. Looks like my screen is held in place with black tape instead of a plastic border.Maybe mine was one of the first and they've improved the design since then?Thanks
I think I know what talking about and mine looks like the whole faceplate is just thin plastic stuck on with double sided tape. I believe it's the touch screen, very cheap but what would you expect for $242.00. I can live with it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts