Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello slatedr0iders,

I got my new T9 Tablet since about 1 week and i have got some Questions. I have to say that I LOVE IT, the display is nice, touch is nice, its fast and not so heavy you guys told me or i expected it to be... its pretty handy
It's well produced.

I am currently running Android 2.2 with Build Number: sec_smdkv210-user 2.2 FRF91 eng.foxluo.20110706.113423 test-keys

anyone here who has experience with any newer Firmware version, or even the 2.3 Betas? Are they ready to go already?

2) Anyone got experience with buying another power plug in cause it sucks that the adapter for my country always stays in the power dose when i pull out the power plug...? what are the exact specs for the power plug, how many Volts etc. so i can look for an other power plug.

3) what are your recommended apps?

4) how big the MicroSD card can be? is it limited on android or this device? can i buy 16GB? 32GB? or does it have to be smaller...

ok thats it for now thanks for help...

5) oh and i cant seem to find ADW Launcher on the Market... Why?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I also had considered getting one of these because the build quality looks really great. It only is about 200 grams heavier than other 8" tablets and similar weight to 10" tablets.

#1 Firmware can be found on tablet maker site. They call the T9 the M728. Use Google Translate if you do not speak Chinese.

http://www.inle.cc

#2 you should check your charger for info. It should show voltage and amperage on the plug.

#3 I think all tablets work with 32 GB so neither 16 or 32 should give any problems. Some people have mentioned that class 6 & 10 do not work well on the 816R2 (slower speed). This may affect the T9 too so best to stick with class 4.

#4 ADW Launcher
https://market.android.com/details?id=org.adw.launcher&feature=search_result

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't think the T( is compatible with the basic ADW Launcher, I couldn't install it on mine either but I could install the pro version.

Nonz.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pro Version costs Money $? hmm i think Tasselhoff had ADW Launcher on the T9 and i dont know why it should NOT be compatible with the T9?!

i am running LauncherPro at the moment, its at least better than the normal Launcher!

·
Registered
84 Posts
with my current Stock Android Version 2.2 i think i dont have the full market, how do i know if it have full market or not?

My market is looking different than on most videos... i can see Pay apps tho...

I cant seem to find the Update Button for my apps, cause many of them are outdated, for example the facebook app...

Is it possible to just update the Android Market on my Device? Read about it

·
Registered
36 Posts
The Android market appears to have different formats, possibly because of the version of Android your device is using. I have tried to use the AppBrain App Market to find ADW Launcher and I was able to do so, but the Android Market won't show it because the T9 isn't compatible, or at least my version isn't.

To update your installed apps go to the android market on your device and click on the "Downloads" button, there's a row of buttons, "Apps", "Games" and "Downloads". Once in the downloads section you will see all your installed apps and if they need to be updated or not. There should be an Update All button there to update all of the apps that need updating or you can click on individual apps if you only want to update specific apps.

Nonz.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay thanks a lot already. But... for example my Facebook App is really outdated without integrated Chat and so on, there is an Update i think i have 1.3 and update is 1.6 already... but still i cant seem to find the Original Facebook app in my Market and therefor I dont know if i can update it manually without market. Is the Facebook update also not compatible to the T9?

So... finally you got the ADW Launcher running on your T9? How did you do that? Pay for it? Howto install appdroid Market?

Sorry for all my Noob Questions but i am new to android, new to tablets.
I am a Newb!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes I had to get the paid version of ADW Launcher (look for ADWLauncher EX) but it was only a couple of bucks like most things on the market.

The Facebook app update you want is not available on the market for my T9, it's possible it may need Gingerbread to install which means we will have to wait until a stable release of 2.3 for the T9 is released.

It would be nice if these apps actually told you what their requirements are.

I don't know if this helps but I use Tweetdeck for accessing Facebook, as well as for Twitter. Not that I use Facebook very often, I tend to use Google+ more.

Nonz

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
Okay thanks a lot already. But... for example my Facebook App is really outdated without integrated Chat and so on, there is an Update i think i have 1.3 and update is 1.6 already... but still i cant seem to find the Original Facebook app in my Market and therefor I dont know if i can update it manually without market. Is the Facebook update also not compatible to the T9?

So... finally you got the ADW Launcher running on your T9? How did you do that? Pay for it? Howto install appdroid Market?

Sorry for all my Noob Questions but i am new to android, new to tablets.
I am a Newb!

Thanks in advance!
You can do a couple things to try to mitigate it.
1) If you have root you can try to update the build.prop market "key"
- You can find directions on the FAQ section
2) You can search google for Facebook APK... download the file, then manually install either using ADB install or opening the APK on your tablet directly.

Tasselhof

·
Registered
8 Posts
You can do a couple things to try to mitigate it.
1) If you have root you can try to update the build.prop market "key"
- You can find directions on the FAQ section
2) You can search google for Facebook APK... download the file, then manually install either using ADB install or opening the APK on your tablet directly.

Tasselhof
Does partial root mean you can unlock the full app market?

·
Registered
5 Posts
launcher Pro and Go launcher EX are the best launchers at this moment,
I preferer GO Launcher EX because it can rearrange the icon in the installed applications
the only problem with Go Launcher EX is the size of the font in the installed applications that is to big,
but in the "TABS" the font is good , no problem.

I used and tested the Go Launcher EX v2.57 final.apk

I suggest to all install the "blackmarket" apk... and be happy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts