Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just received my new Maylong. Reviewing it now.Fit and Finish out of the box is very good. I press the power button and the green light comes on for a second then goes off. Hmmm. I press it longer and the right end vibrates, and the screen comes on. Cool !Nice screen contrast, OK sound from two speakers on the side/bottom.Android 2.1 loaded, nice load of software. App store ! Love it !Price and features...5 bars...Outstanding !Form, Fit and Finish...5 Bars...ExcellentSurfing...Youtube enabled...Great !playing Media files for testing purposes...Meh avi's skipped around and audio and video were not sync'd...1 bar... Meh Audio files ( I-tunes backup...) 3 bars for sound, not tinny, just OK.Final score...a firm 4...Great tablet for a great price (99 plus tax fromWalgreen's) I've worked on Laptops and Desktops for 15 years, this isREVOLUTIONARY !Interior pics SOON !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Are you sure about that Android 2.1 out of the box, or did you update your firmware? It's not clear to me from your review.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sad News... Tablet DEAD. Plugged in and showing "Magic" with Weather info til bedtime, next morning NOTHING...No LED lights, nada.If U turn it on, it turns itself off quickly. Called Customer support (H T T P:/ /gps_navigation_for_dummies. com /) and the nice young man there has sent me a NEW power supply he says will fix the problem. A replacement part, ordered for me, by the company, with NO CHARGE to me. Excellent Customer Service ! Will update as needed...

·
Registered
159 Posts
[quote name='Humpinate;95722]Sad News... Tablet DEAD. Plugged in and showing "Magic" with Weather info til bedtime' date=' next morning NOTHING...No LED lights, nada.If U turn it on, it turns itself off quickly. Called Customer support (H T T [URL=P:/]P:/[/URL] /gps_navigation_for_dummies. com /) and the nice young man there has sent me a NEW power supply he says will fix the problem. A replacement part, ordered for me, by the company, with NO CHARGE to me. Excellent Customer Service ! Will update as needed...[/QUOTE']sORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE DEAD BATTERY. I keep watching this area as every since I filmed the first unboxing video of the Maylong 150 and then had to return it (bad screen) , I have been hoping to hear here how people are using it. In the back of my mind I think I see my ordering another one to mess around with. But for now I just linger here reading the messages.

·
Registered
159 Posts
There are a lot of messages here that have been erased.

SOme of those talked about custom rom etc but until things are restored it is pretty much an dead issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
[quote author=biglew link=topic=11344.msg99619#msg99619 date=1291827195]

SOme of those talked about custom rom etc but until things are restored it is pretty much an dead issue.
[/quote]

I'm new here - are you saying that the moderators removed references to where you can get custom roms for the M-150? If so, why?

-Mike

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
[quote author=UltraDroid link=topic=11344.msg101162#msg101162 date=1292193841]

[/quote]

I'm new here - are you saying that the moderators removed references to where you can get custom roms for the M-150? If so, why?

-Mike
[/quote]

I don't think the Mods did it though I could be wrong. It might have been the recent migration.

·
Registered
159 Posts
[quote author=blazingwolf link=topic=11344.msg102253#msg102253 date=1292372753]
[quote author=UltraDroid link=topic=11344.msg101162#msg101162 date=1292193841]

[/quote]

-Mike
[/quote]

I don't think the Mods did it though I could be wrong. It might have been the recent migration.
[/quote]

I just found the reference to the site that shoes the rooted nfo:

tipstir.the-talk.net/maylong-m-150-universe-tablet-pc-f23/

By the way it looks like all the M-150 messages here have been saved and reposted!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts