Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
84 Posts
Thanks for putting this together, it is great to see the actual user experience. As far as the use of the sharpie as a stylus, how does the actual stylus work?I'm really hoping this thing gets rooted soon as the default UI seems incredibly slow and bloated. While it has been accurately described in writing, it is much easier to understand the GUI weak points on video. Thanks again.

· Registered
2 Posts
Great review. One question though -- has anyone else had trouble changing the microSD card? I was able to remove the back without any trouble, but the card access is blocked. Does the slot itself hinge upwards somehow? I tried removing all the screws for the plastic substrate and lifting that up, but it is attached in places I can't reach and I am nervous to force it.

· Registered
9 Posts
For stylus - try stealing the kids Nintendo DS stylus. Or if you can find old Palm Treo stylus'. They should work great and not scratch the screen. Also the a small and easy to carry.joesteele - to get to the card, you should not have to remove any screws. There is a small metal cover the slides and it should show on it lock & open. You slide it up to open and it is hinged. the card should almost fall out.

· Registered
87 Posts
st0rmz;21125 said:
... there any performance changes with the larger internal SD card added or is storage the only change in such a modification?
Any performance changes are not apparant. Since no software is actually stored on the microSD. The software all is stored on "internal" memory that is not accessible... and is limited in size.

· Premium Member
2,102 Posts
at the moment, yes. hopefully a developer will get it working so apps can be installed on the sdcard.

· Registered
87 Posts
the7gerbers;21531 said:
so the benefit of a bigger microSD is just more storage space and not improved performance?
Mainly, yes. But worse than this, it is only used to store things used by the B&N softeware... if you use the standard B&N software a lot, then the microSD upgrade is more important... if, like me, you plan on using software that you hack or install yourself, then the microSD card is of very limited usage. Frankly, I am glad that I upgraded it, just so I know how to take it apart, but I don't use the microSD for anything. I run Kindle mostly, and it uses the external SD card for all its books.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.