Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She says, "not another? How many computers do you need?" Of course I tell her that we only have the desktop, and the two laptops are for ereading. I could buy a dedicated ereader, but the draw to an android tablet that would include the Kobo and Kindle ereading apps is irrisitable. Of course, I would require at Least android 1.6, and one might as well get good speed, and graphics acceleration.
So..... does that sound like either the Moonse E7002, Zenethink zt 180, or the Wistech 81 E?
Realistically, I am looking for something to run relatively trouble fee. I am not afraid of SOME playing, as I run Ubuntu on one of the netbooks, but I hope to have trouble free ereading as a basis. Am I on the right track, or am I completely blinded by the bling, and could very comfortably run something less expensive for this application?Thanks for your expertise, and assistance to the communityJohn, from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hahahahaha, hi John!I have to say that my girlfriend isn't happy too. Because the same reason as yours (I have 2 pc's and 2 laptops), if you're looking for an E-Reader you're on the good track, i remember that when i bought my Flytouch i used the same excuse, but, for being realistic i ended tweaking and testing and touching the device so much as it never ends to amuse me. And now that's the real reason for my girlfriend's unhappyness.Hope you get one, mine is far away from being the faster device on earth, but as long as it keeps being entertaining i will love it like the day i bought it and meanwhile i'll try to pay attention to my girl also.Cheers from Argentina.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kiarov, I think you hit the nail on the head....she gets upset that I spend more time on the computer than she does watching Television....if that's possible :) She hated it when I loaded three different distros of Linux on the one netbook....just to see how they would run.

·
Co-Founder
2,103 Posts
Hey Jake, welcome to SlateDroid!My girlfriend is just generally quite despairing of my various geeky acquirements xD Anyways, I can't vouch for the other two, but I have a Nationite MIDnite (Wits A81E) and I think it's great. It's currently the best performing tablet on the market. I've recently got into eReading and I've been using the Aldiko app which suits my needs perfectly - the Nationite is perfect for reading, it's about the size and weight of a normal hardback and sits in your hand perfectly making it a joy to use. I'd have thought the 10" screen on the ZT-180 would be overkill for just reading to be honest, but whatever floats yer boat. We've got a competition on at the moment where you can win a ZT-180 so try your hand at that, you've got nothing to loose!Regards,Mike

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ciao, Jackie55!
Same situation here, and i've guessed some hypotesis:- your girl thinks you don't spend so much money for her (dresses, shoes, jewels, holydays, ...), as you spend for technology- your girl thinks you don't touch her so much, as you touch your tablet!
:DIf i were in your shoes, i would try to solve the second hypotesis: it's much easier and cheaper, and it's far more pleasant. If second hypotesis don't solve your problem, try the first one ;)Good luck!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello, Mike and copaman! and "they" think we are too geeky to understand people....I like both solutions you suggest, and so much fun, too. Mike, I will try the contest. Never can tellJohn

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
My girlfriend loves this thread ... if I don't log in tomorrow, call the police.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Mike. Another Newbie here. Have you considered a color Nook? I bought one, followed web instructions to flash a micro SD so it is bootable, and it now runs Gingerbread as well as the stock Nook software. So far I'm really happy with the machine. ROM was created by Cyanogen Mod.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.