Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first M001 tablet bit the dust as i posted in a previous thread, so the seller replaced it , but wouldnt refund me. Compared to the first m001 this new one has several hardware differences which made this device better.1st the screen on my new m001 dosent have the dotts and darkness at the bottom. The screen on this one is actually LED edge illuminated (Holding the device at a steep angle I count 20 discreet LEDs) whereas my first m001 had a CCFL backlight whose inverter seems to have failed in a burning manner. The screen quality on the new device is worlds better.2nd This device has a orange printed circuit board whereas the first one was green. This one seems smaller and has less components than the first. 3rd, the wifi unit on this one is made by CSR (Cambridge Silicon Radio) and runs cool and has much better reception than the other unit had. Googling the chips model actually showed it to have WIFI and Bluetooth capabilities (HHHHMMM???)4th The audio quality both with headphones and the builtin speaker seem much better. Not nearly as much hiss and no more annoying popping between songs.Lastly: Battery life on this unit is about 3.5 hours with wifi on and screen at 50%. Its still a 7.4v battery, but the mAh was not printed on the battery. This unit also came with a much improved AC adapter.The processor and ram were unchanged and still on a DDR daughter board. The device was still sluggish but improvements seem to be moving in the righ direction.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.