Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This needs custom firmware BAD.All the buttons are on the back and hard to reach in the case. The onscreen icons for Back and Menu are missing, But has 2 useless icons for a phone.No working accelerometer if it has one you can't get to it. Cannot turn on manual rotate in settings. It's landscape and stays that way. Some apps try to display portrait and show shortened in the middle of the landscape screen. Has a terminal but I can't get a keyboard to come up.Cable to allow regular USB connector to plug into the Mini-USB doesn't work. So I cannot use a thumbdrive, mose or keyboard. (this may be an easy fix might just be bad cable)More later.

·
Registered
69 Posts
add to the list no volume buttons, if you hookup via usb, you have to unmount and remove the sd card before you can mount it on a computer. I have not found a way to clear my google account, as i would sure like to either sell or return this, but i cant get my personal info off of it and cant do a factory reset.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
soooo.... stick with the pdn.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I went a got my raincheck too... actually had the Kmart I gone to actually had one I would've just gone to the next as I preferred the raincheck to give me time to see more hands on... :DSo, thanks to all of you guinea pigs so to speak... ;)

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A lot of this can be fixed. The no Back/menu icon, orientation icon, vol? icon can all be added in a new build.they have already promised a fix to the market and internal storage size issues.It's not a bad device just released too soon and with wrong info given.

·
Registered
576 Posts
[quote name='mogrith;25131]A lot of this can be fixed. The no Back/menu icon' date=' orientation icon, vol? icon can all be added in a new build.they have already promised a fix to the market and internal storage size issues.It's not a bad device just released too soon and with wrong info given.[/QUOTE']I know, but I'd just rather not, essentially, throw away $150 that would be more than half the cost of the flatpad(buggy OS there as well), or half the cost of the Cruz tablet...I've had enough crappy PDAs in my lifetime already, and yes, I consider tablets to be in the PDA class regardless of what Apple wants people to believe... These tablets are much more like what I always wanted in PDAs, but then again, I always pressed my PDAs into alot of services most people never used them for... well.. beyond a few companies in commercial settings...

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Have I mentioned how familiar this all seems?

·
Registered
69 Posts
[quote name='cutterjohn;25149]I know' date=' but I'd just rather not, essentially, throw away $150 that would be more than half the cost of the flatpad(buggy OS there as well), or half the cost of the Cruz tablet...I've had enough crappy PDAs in my lifetime already, and yes, I consider tablets to be in the PDA class regardless of what Apple wants people to believe... These tablets are much more like what I always wanted in PDAs, but then again, I always pressed my PDAs into alot of services most people never used them for... well.. beyond a few companies in commercial settings...[/QUOTE'] Well stated. I dont know how they plan to support updates, if you get to the recovery menu, you cant navigate it. try it out with the power off press home and power on for a few seconds, eventually you will get an android with a triangle, press home and there you are at a useless recovery menu

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.