Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried three different roms, I have formatted (fat32) the second drive, charged the battery, and even left it plugged in but it just shuts off. Once it does shut off, I have to toggle he on off switch otherwise it will not boot up.Also, it shuts off with no added apps, and with or without an SD card inserted.any help would be great!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine randomly switches off while on battery power. I checked with adb it doesnt print any messages to kernel log, just freezes.On DC power it works fine.I played quite a bit with tweaking firmware, but never close to anything which could be related to the battery... Seems like hardware bug to me

·
Registered
6 Posts
Your case seems to be much worse.I took mine aPad apart today to readjust touch screen cable. Also I added some insulation tape in places which look like they may short-circuit when you apply pressure on the front panel.I believe that there are at least three causes of shutdowns:1. Touchcreen cable (hardware)2. Broken fat32 partition (software). I becomes broken after several "hardware" shutdowns.3. Something related to aluminum case (hardware). I've noticed that the wireless antenna is grounded on backside, and may be something else. It is surely possible to cause a crash by short-circuiting the aluminum case and the ground of usb socket (it sometimes accidentally happens while you plug it in).4. Fiddling with on-off switch also seems to be harmful (may be related to 3)But neither of these requires flipping hardware switch to boot after crash. I would suggest you to contact the seller for replacement.If you decide to look inside and try to fix be prepared to "say good bye" to your money-back. You can probably fix 1 and 2. The 3 looks incurable to me (at least with my knowledge of electronics). And you problem doesn't fit any description, so there is little hope you can fix it yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.