Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi,Being a resident of the Antipodes (i.e. Australia) has pluses and minuses, with its proximity to Hong Kong and China being just one of the pluses.However, I decided to buy my Rockchip aPad iRobot device from a local Australian eBayer Seller as there were promising next day delivery and 4gb of Flash RAM rather than 2gb.After a few false starts (as there always is), when eBay cancelled the item and hence my order due to listing violations after I have bought and paid for the item (maybe that should have been an omen). I then had to request a refund, wait for the item to be re-listed, buy and pay for it again.I then find that the seller admitted that he didn't actually have them in stock, but they were due in a few days. Thankfully, the delay was 3 days plus a weekend.I ended up buying an aPad model with 16gb of Flash RAM for an extra A$20. The aPad was sent Monday last week and arrived on Tuesday last week. Unfortunately, Work commitments meant I didn't get to touch it until the next day (Wednesday). However, my son, who is a Electronics, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering University student on holidays, set up the aPad for me, including downloading & installing latest firmware from hiapad.com. I also downloaded the user manual from a link the seller had sent me.He said he checked to confirm that I did actually get a 16gb version, but I never really got around to checking that myself and I also put a 16gb MicroSD Card in the aPad as well.I left aPad charging overnight on Wednesday until Thursday night. When I went to use it, a small crack in the glass underneath top glass cover had appeared on aPad in top middle of the screen. While very annoying, it didn't seem to impact the its use, so I used aPad on Thursday night.Again I left it charging during the night and day, until I came home on Friday (thus giving it a second 10 hour charge, after using it on Wednesday and Thursday to fully discharge the battery).When I looked closely on Friday night, the crack had extended about 50%, i.e. slightly, but not much. I used it again on Friday night and then again left charging again over night. When I picked up the aPad to use on Saturday morning, the crack had gone right across the screen & the touch panel screen no longer works apart from a few spots which don't always give you what you expect! Although the device still boost and everything else appears still to be functional.At the moment it is looking like that the eBay seller is going to claim that the crack is due to physical damage to the device and hence not covered by warranty. I have also written to hiapad.com to see if I can obtain a replace touch panel screen for my son to then try and replace, but they have advised they want to find out how the warranty claim goes first. At the moment, it is very much looking like a very expensive 3 nights of enjoyment! Has anyone else encountered anything similar?I really want to have a working aPad or similar device, but I?m think of waiting until the Huawei S7 is readily available, possibly through my Mobile Phone carrierRegards,DavidNote: I've now resized and uploaded several photos of the cracked touch panel.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been advised my seller that it will cost me AUD$65 to repair the item, which will include shipping to the wholesaler, (presumably in China or Hong Kong) plus my shipping cost back to the seller.Is anyone heard of other vendors selling aPads with 4gb or 16gb of Flash Ram? Because of the last few days, I have found no other suppliers doing that. Seemed like a really good deal.David

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.