Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RealPlayer Beta: http://www.getandroidstuff.com/2010/06/realplayer-beta-v00015-android-phone.htmlIt also has a video and photos area, but I want to mention the audio playback for those of you interested:- Will play in the background while you do other stuff- Grabs track information from tags, as you expect- Auto scans your SD card, with no real options right now (no pun intended)- Will find and play back MP3 and Vorbis files. The latter is critical for me as I use Vorbis as my main lossy format. I haven't tried AAC or FLAC, yet- Sorts album tracks by name, not track number (possible bug?)- It will NOT find WMA encoded tracks- I believe it grabs album art from a cover.jpg in your album folder (at least that's what I've tested, so far). The AA is only 300x300 as I assume this is designed more for a cell phone screenAlso, a note on playback SQ, for those of you who don't own the device..... it's not bad, but not phenomenal. Tried my base Sennheiser PX100's (no amp) and the sound was a bit fuzzy. Changed over to my Yuin PK1's with a cheap amp and the sound was improved, and even better on my huge Sennheiser HD 600's. I think that if one of these media player apps had a custom EQ, it might actually sound decent.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rspray;19191 said:
Can it scan the internal microsd?
No, only the SD card. If I pull my SD card out, the app won't even get to the main screen and blows out an error. The configuration options on this app are very limited.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.